The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the world’s leading
crisis response agencies, providing life-saving assistance and
supporting recovery and reconstruction for people affected by war and
natural disasters. Active in public health, education, livelihoods,
youth development, and protection and promotion of
rights, IRC assists people from harm to home.IRC entered Nigeria in
October 2012 in response to a widespread flood disaster.
International Rescue Committee (IRC) is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Graduate Cash Transfer Officer
- The IRC Nigeria country program is implementing multi-sectorial
interventions in the sectors of: Health and Nutrition; Environmental
Health; Child Protection; Education; Women’s Protection and Empowerment;
Food Security and Livelihoods and Protection. Most of these programs
are driven in partnership with strategic local NGOs.
Scope of Work
- In Borno State, Maiduguri, the IRC proposes an integrated FSL
and Nutrition intervention funded by USAID/FFP that will serve to
improve the IDP’s access to different services, and also improve the
quality of the way the services are delivered to ensure their safety and
- The FSL part of this project is focusing on Cash Transfer to the
most vulnerable targeted population for a 5 month consecutive cash
- Under the direct supervision of the Cash Transfer Program
Manager, the CASH Transfer Officer will be responsible to give technical
support to the implementation of the cash transfer project through
ensuring a realistic project holistic plan, ensuring that the project
activities are done in the stipulated time frame.
- Organize and manage the distribution of cash to targeted
households through the development of project implementation tools and
the management of Cash Transfer Assistants
Planning and implementation:
- Under the guidance of Program Manager, Organize and supervise the distribution of cash to the targeted beneficiaries.
- Responsible for the selection and verification of project
beneficiaries in coordination with community committee and authorities
and the use of selection criteria
- Organize cash distributions considering safety and security of
staff engaged and beneficiaries and in a dignified manner for
- Conduct field visits to project sites and meet with community
leaders to select specific vulnerable locations for targeting and ensure
a conducive community mobilization system
- Carry out the staff appraisal for the Cash Transfer Assistants
- Internal – closely work with and share information with other
sectors in IRC and coordinate with logistic to timely receive project
- External – day to day coordination of activities with community leaders, local government officials and security officials.
- Ensure a realistic project implementation plan and develop project implementation tools.
- Actively engage and support to develop community sensitization
activities on selection criteria, cash redemption process and feedback
- Develop distribution plans for Cash and share with Program Manager for final approval.
- Maintain clear communication with cash transfer agents and beneficiaries in accordance with IRC policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with cash transfer agents on the schedule of
distributions to make sure they are ready with cash to smoothly
distribute cash to beneficiaries.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Social Work, Sociology, Community Work or field relevant to the position.
- 1 years of experience in the implementation of cash transfer projects.
- Good verbal communication skills in local languages and working knowledge of English
- Ability to maintain good working relationship with colleagues and partners
- Most importantly, commitment to IRC values and principles
- Accuracy and keen attention to details, in order to produce high quality documents and maintain good records
- Experience working with IDPs and in emergencies.
- Good experience in community mobilization and beneficiaries’ selection and targeting and monitoring.
Salary between 200-300 Monthly, 13Month Salary Inclusive, Health
Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, Creche Facilities available for
Women with babies under 24 Months.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover letter and
Resume in one MS word with the position they are applying for clearly
stated in the email subject line to:
The Country Director,
International Rescue Committee,
Plot 902 Olu Awotesu Street,
Hand delivered applications should be sent to their Maiduguri Office:
Plot Number 7,
Jimina Road, GRA ,
Off Damboa Road,