Equal Access (EA) is an international not for profit organization
(501c3), headquartered in San Francisco and working throughout Asia,
Africa and the Middle East. A communications for social change
organization that combines the power of media with community
mobilization, Equal Access
creates customized communications strategies
and outreach solutions that foster peace building and social cohesion,
women & girls’ empowerment, youth life skills & livelihoods,
human rights, health, as well as civic participation and good governance
in the developing world.
EA has launched AREWA24, a Hausa-language, free-to-air satellite
television channel which can be viewed on Eutelsat Satellite Channel
16A/16 East Horizontal (frequency 10804, symbol rate 30000). AFDWA24 is
locally produced by and for Northern Nigerians, and fully dedicated to
the people, cultures, and values of the Hausa-speaking sub-region. With a
slate of original and premier international programming, AREWA24’s goal
is to create an authentic Hausa-language television platform that
enriches the lives of Northern Nigerian viewers and projects the beauty,
promise, and potential of Northern Nigeria. EA seeks to recruit an
Accountant to help support the growth of AREWA24 and its Nigeria program
Equal Access (EA) is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Accountant
Duration: Four (4) months with possibility of extension.
- The Accountant will report to the Finance and Administration Manager of Equal Access Nigeria (EAN).
- The Accountant will oversee the financial operations of the
organization and ensure timely and accurate financial reports and
practices including cash management, payroll, financial disbursements,
- Daily posting of financial transactions in QuickBooks and maintaining financial records.
- Monitor the expenditures and reports to the Finance & Admin Manager to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately.
- Support the Finance and Admin Manager in providing on-the-job
orientation and training to the organization staff on cost-effective
- Supervise the Finance and Admin officer and management of petty cash system
- Support the financial audits of all projects of the organization.
- Supervise the timely remittance of taxes in compliance to Nigerian’s laws.
- Ensure that monthly financial reporting is completed on time and submitted to Headquarters.
- Review procurements and purchases process to ensure compliance to EA policies and USG rules before payment to vendors.
- Carryout staff/vendors security checks through watchdog before engagement.
- Prepare monthly staff payroll for review by FAM and approval by the DG.
- Carryout any other duties as assigned by the FAM and the DG
Qualifications Knowledge and Experience
- Degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in finance functions
- Experience with Department of State and USAID financial reporting and procurement processes
- Proven ability to work with little or no supervision
- Ability to travel to other project locations as required
Language and Computer Skills:
- Excellent oral communication skills (Must be Fluent and Hausa)
- Good computing skills: MS word, Excel, QuickBooks and other accounting software
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application letters and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org Title of position applied for should be clearly stated as subject of the email
Note: That we may consider applications and begin the interview process prior to the closing date.
Application Deadline 23rd August, 2016