Stresert Services Limited, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: School Administrator
Location: Niger State
Job Type: Full-time
Reports to: Managing Consultant, StreSERT Services
- The candidate is responsible for overseeing, organising and
managing the administration, support systems and activities that keep a
group of schools running smoothly.
- He/she will serve as the chief administrator of our schools in
developing and implementing policies, programs, curriculum activities,
and budgets in a manner that promotes the educational development of
each student and the professional development of each staff member.
- The candidate will commit to promoting effective engagement with parents and community stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervisory: Provide supervisory and management support to school heads/coordinators
- General Planning: conceptualizes the broad goals of the school
and plans accordingly to ensure that procedures and schedules are
implemented to carry out the total school program.
- General Coordination: ensures that the school program is
compatible with the legal, financial and organizational structure of
the school system. The director defines the responsibilities and
accountability of school management staff and develops plans for
interpreting the school program to the community.
- Recruits and supports school site team that includes the Host Community.
- Represents school management at meetings and events.
- Facilitates Organizational Efficiency: maintains inter-school
system communication and seeks assistance from central office staff to
- Community: encourages the use of community resources,
cooperates with the community in the use of school facilities,
interprets the school program for the community, and maintains
communication with community stakeholders
- Enhancement of Personnel Skills: provides activities which
facilitate the professional growth of the school staff and enhance the
quality of the instructional program.
- School Objectives: Work with school heads to identify the annual
objectives for the instructional and extracurricular programs of the
- Provide specific professional development on a range of topics
and issues, including, but not limited to: (a) parent and community
engagement (b) help teachers to communicate and work with parents and
community members to assist in improving achievement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Sciences, Administration or related field (A Master’s degree would be an added advantage)
- A minimum of ten (10) years of school administrative experience.
Experience should include program planning, implementation, evaluation
and organizational support.
- A track record of strong interpersonal skills in relating with
students, academic & non-academic staff, senior managers and
colleagues in other areas of education administration.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to motivate and work with a team to achieve results.
- Excellent organization, training, coordination and leadership skills;
- Ability to adapt and deal positively with change;
- Ability to demonstrate cultural sensitivity and work with a diverse group of people;
- Experience in organising, prioritising and managing time effectively;
- IT skills in areas such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases and the internet;
- Ability to organize, prioritize and respond to deadlines while working on multiple tasks;
- Exhibits the ability to be a creative thinker and self-starter;
- Ability to build community partnerships and maintain working relationships;
- Ability to work in a school bureaucracy;
- Proven skills in leadership, group facilitation, coordination, marketing, budgeting, data collection and evaluation;
Salary is very attractive and open to negotiation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘Sch-adm’ as subject of mail
Note: Applicants with similar responsibilities listed above will be contacted for interviews.
Application Deadline 14th September, 2016.