The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) has a vacancy based in Vienna, Austria, for a Senior Statistician in its Data Services Department.
- Conceptualizes, develops, designs, maintains and improves the
content of the energy, trade, prices & taxes databases, and operates
projects of absent staff of the Statistics Group as required.
- Transforms input data into database standards; plans and develops
programs for update facilities, regularly checks the data reliability
and consistencies, estimation procedures and reports generation;
monitors sources and definitions and keeps up-to-date with technical
developments in these fields.
- Provides information for meetings, in-house publications and
participates in meetings and workshops and prepares or participates in
the preparation of reports and presentations.
- Contributes to the Secretariat’s publications, reports and studies,
and provides inputs to energy models and information to external users.
- Establishes and maintains contacts with Member Countries,
Developing countries and Research Institutions to improve the quality
and quantity of statistical data in the Secretariat.
- Supports the Research Division and other Departments of the OPEC Secretariat in relevant technical and statistical matters.
- University degree in Statistics, Mathematics or Economics; Advanced degree preferred
- University degree: 8 years; Advanced degree: 6 years
Skills and Knowledge:
- Statistical methods and analysis
- Database queries and data mining
- Oil industry operation
- Firm knowledge in the area of energy with specific expertise in the oil sector
- Communication, analytical, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Initiative & integrity
- Proficiency in written and spoken English; German an asset
- Relational Databases, Design Principles (ER-Modeling, Data Flow Diagram)
- Extraction and transformation tools
- Application Software: Excel, Access, Oracle, B20/20, PL/SQL
- IT Skills (Internet, Networking, FTP, TCP/IP)
Commensurate remuneration package i.e. monthly basic salary of
(€4,912 x 12 per year) with tax-free benefits and six-week annual leave.
How to Apply
Applicants should kindly complete the “Application Form” which can be downloaded from our website (www.opec.org) and send it to:
Finance & Human Resources Department
A-1010 Vienna – Austria
Or email: email@example.com.
Online applicants should quote “Job Code 3.2.08” in the “Subject” field. An automatic reply will be sent to confirm the successful submission of the documents.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 11 September 2016. Acknowledgements will only be sent to short-listed candidates.