EngenderHealth is a leading global women’s health organization committed
to ensuring that every pregnancy is planned, every child is wanted,
and every mother has the best chance at survival. In 20 countries
around the world, we train health care professionals and partner with
communities to make high-quality family planning and
sexual and reproductive health services available-today and for
generations to come.
The Fistula Care Plus project is a five year cooperative agreement,
funded by the United States Agency for International Development and
managed by EngenderHealth in collaboration with partners. It seeks to
increase access to quality treatment services for obstetric fistula,
improve prevention, strengthen the environment to support prevention,
treatment and reintegration services, and to conduct research to
improve the quality of services.
EngenderHealth is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Monitoring, Evaluation & Research Advisor
Job Code: 955
Program/Office: Fistula Care Plus, Nigeria
Reports To: Country Project Manager
- Reporting to the Project Manager, Fistula Care Plus, the Senior
Monitoring, Evaluation & Research Advisor will be responsible for
managing monitoring, evaluation and research activities for Fistula
- Provide overall technical leadership and oversight of monitoring, evaluation and research work in Fistula Care Plus /Nigeria.
- Work with Fistula Care Plus/Nigeria clinical and program teams to develop the Project’s Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP).
- Oversee implementation of the PMP including production and use of quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports.
- Initiate and maintain strong ties with all Fistula Care/Nigeria
M, E &R partners including the MoH, National Health Research/Ethics
Council (NHREC) State and LGA leadership/management, and site-level
- Represent Fistula Care Plus/Nigeria in National Technical
Working Groups responsible for developing research related protocols and
- Supervise Data Coordinator, as well as monitoring, evaluation and research consultants and interns.
- Travel 30% of time for field based technical assistance.
- In coordination with the project clinical team led by Deputy
Project Manager, technically review all information produced by Fistula
Care Plus /Nigeria and maximize its use in strategy and program
planning, refinement and execution.
- In consultation with the New York-based team and the clinical
team oversee all local management and implementation of special studies
such as the community fistula screening surveys, costing tool pilot,
evaluation of community mobilization strategy, the presentation and
dissemination of findings from the determinants of post-operative
outcomes prospective study, and the duration of catheterization RCT.
- Review and provide feedback on study protocols carried out in
Nigeria, in compliance with EngenderHealth’s Evaluation and Research
Standard Operating Procedures (E&R SOPs).
- Oversee data use capacity building across Fistula Care PLus
/Nigeria project and partner staff through use of the FC data for
decision making curriculum.
- Assure that evaluation and documentation of Fistula Care
Plus/Nigeria activities are built into project expansion and all
capacity- building efforts the project undertakes.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience & Certifications
- Master’s Degree in a field related to Epidemiology,
Biostatistics, Monitoring and Evaluation of International Health and
- Experience designing and conducting operations/applied research.
- Experience providing technical assistance on the use of data for planning and decision making.
- Familiarity with working in USAID-funded contracts or cooperative agreements preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of work experience in M,E&R working on international health projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- English fluency required.
- Excellent computer skills, with particular knowledge of Excel,
PowerPoint and Word in addition to statistical applications (e.g. SPSS,
Stata, Epi Info); knowledge of qualitative software packages desirable.
Commensurate with background and experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply