British American Tobacco is a leading tobacco group, with brands sold in
more than 200 markets. We employ more than 57,000 people and, with over
200 brands in our portfolio, we make the cigarette chosen by one in
eight of the world’s one billion adult smokers.
We hold robust market positions in each of our four regions – Americas;
Asia-Pacific; Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa; and Western Europe
– and we are leaders in more than 60 markets. Our approach to marketing
is second to none in our industry, in brand building, innovation and
responsibility. Our companies adhere strictly to the high standards of
our voluntary marketing principles.
We play a significant role in local communities around the world. In
many countries we are a top employer and the company of choice for
people in all areas of our business. We have 46 cigarette factories in
British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for a Country Security Manager to join our team in Nigeria, Ibadan.
Job Title: Country Security Manager
Location: Ibadan, Oyo State
The Main Responsibilities Of This Role Will Include
- The current security situation, including criminality, in the country as a whole.
specific threats to company personnel, assets and information and
business operations / activities, as soon as these are known.
general security threats to company personnel (including families and
visitors), assets, information and business operations/activities
(including the distribution chain) and of any changes in the threat as
soon as this occurs.
- Cost effective, timely and appropriate measures to counter threats to security.
implementation of security Policy, Common Platforms, ‘Best Practice’,
and Guidance Notes received from British American Tobacco (H) Ltd and
- British American
Tobacco Nigeria Directors/Managers/Supervisors, on the appropriate
security measures, so as to ensure that standards are maintained
consistent with actual or potential threat levels.
Directors/Managers on the technical standards of security and the
quality of professional expertise required throughout the Company,
including that required for office/residential accommodation, and
provide security assistance where necessary.
Overlay’ for British American Tobacco Nigeria, in accordance with
British American Tobacco ‘Best Practice’.
- Company personnel/families/visitors.
- Tobacco products in respect of their manufacture, storage and distribution.
- Company assets, information, property and business operations activities.
- Ensure that a report, in standard format, is submitted monthly to the Area & Regional Security Managers.
according to British American Tobacco Policies and Best Practice.
operations/activities and Intellectual property/information throughout
effectiveness of all subordinate security staff, by conducting such
inspections and reviews as necessary for this purpose.
contractors and those with security responsibilities so as to provide a
properly co-ordinated and cost effective service.
input and advice necessary for the development, review and updating of
the security element of contingency plans throughout the Company.
relation to any aspect of security, draw appropriate and supportable
conclusions and make recommendations to prevent any recurrence.
respect of security and / or other nominated personnel employed within
and update the functions risk register on a quarterly basis.
and oversight on the review of the functions BCP document using the BCM
manual as a guide and creating awareness of the BCM activities within
Country Security Manager, Nigeria will preferably be a graduate or
expert in security management; with not less than 2 years in a similar
managerial role. The ideal candidate will:
- Be a mature individual, with a broad experience in corporate security management.
- Possess good communication skills in English, which he is able to exercise at all levels.
capable of exploiting all sources of information to obtain and collate
detail on all threats or potential threats to the Company.
- Be capable of issuing clear written and verbal orders.
- Have the ability to produce timely, accurate, detailed and concise written and verbal reports/reviews.
a detailed technical and operational knowledge of all aspects of
physical and electronic security, specifically, locks, building
security, control of access procedures, perimeter protection, the use of
Close Circuit Television (CCTV) and Intruder Detection Systems (IDS).
- Have a detailed knowledge of the operations of manufacturing facility.
abreast of current trends and techniques in the security field and
disseminate the product of such knowledge to relevant personnel within
- Be capable of commanding a contracted and/or ‘in-house’ guard force.
- Be capable of carrying out and managing effective investigations involving breaches of security and security incidents.
- Able to prepare, conducting and record interviews.
the principles involved in the protection of Company information,
including that which is computer based, and the measures/procedures
required to achieve this.
- Have the ability to provide security input to contingency plans.
Working at BAT British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market
leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a
bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to
deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco
company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with
confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we
are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.