Cheki Nigeria Limited – www.cheki.com.ng is an online marketplace where
all of Nigeria’s leading car dealers, importers and private sellers post
their cars for sale in Nigeria. We do not sell cars directly but rather
offer a state of the art advertising medium for users to buy and sell
their cars, 4WDs, vans, bikes and trucks and other vehicles.
Cheki is recruiting to fill the vacant job positions below:
Job Title: Junior Accountant
- To receive and process all invoices, expense forms and requests for payment.
- Verify calculations and input codes in to the Accounts system in an accurate manner.
- To maintain and reconcile the Direct Debit mandates.
- To deal with daily transactions for the petty cash and ensure that reconciliations are completed on a weekly basis.
- To ensure all filing is done in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare cheques for payment.
Qualifications and Requirements
- HND /Bachelor’s degree – Accounting preferred
- Entry Level experience
- Must have strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
N80,000 – N100,000 per month
Job Title: Java Software Programmer
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for review.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience
- Proven working experience in Java development
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience in the Spring Framework
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Experience with test-driven development
- 5 – 7 years experience.
- Salary is between N300,000 – N400,000 per month.
Job Title: Head of IT
- Serve as manager of all IT & computer systems of the company.
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations.
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational efficiency
- Oversee the recruiting, training, and coaching of all IT staff, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures
- Handle annual IT budget and ensure cost effectiveness
- Proven working experience as an IT manager
- 7 – 10 years experience
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Expertise in data centre management and data governance
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Ability to manage personnel
- BS in Computer Science, MIS or similar field.
- Salary is between N500,000 – N700,000 per month.
Job Title: PHP Developer
- Write “clean”, well designed code
- Produce detailed specifications
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Follow industry best practices
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary
- Proven software development experience in PHP
- 3 – 5 years experience.
- Understanding of open source projects like Joomla, Drupal, Wikis, osCommerce, etc
- Good knowledge of relational databases, version control tools and of developing web services
- Experience in common third-party APIs (Google, Facebook, Ebayetc)
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
N200,000 – N250,000 per month
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
- Spearhead & drive the company’s corporate strategy, and make recommendations on key business decisions.
- Strategic planning and resource allocation
- Establish operational processes/ process improvement
- Ensure quality control of all company output as pertains to customer acquisition and delivery of services
- Ensure all department heads are fully informed of operational objective
- Set operational and performance goals for each department which are tied to long-term goals
- Establish and monitor performance reporting systems
- Monitor department performance against performance goals to
ensure that progress is being made. Make relevant suggestions for
- Conduct regular meetings with department heads to ensure that priorities are clear and coordination is good.
- Ensure activities comply with organizational requirements for quality management, legal stipulations, and general duty of care.
- Facilitate resolution of issues between departments.
- Take charge in high-priority crises.
- Minimum of a Masters or MBA from a reputable institution
- Minimum of 15 years relevant experience.
- Proven track record in strategic management at senior managerial level
- Proven track record of leading a company to sustained profitability.
- Strategic mindset, strong leadership, motivational, presentation
and negotiation skills identifying issues and finding ways to overcome
- Exposure to regulatory requirements essential.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment, and
possessing strong analytical, organization, supervisory interpersonal
- An enterprising passion to deliver sustainable result and make a difference in difficult business environments.
- Salary is between N800,000 – N1, 000,000 per month.
Job Title: Marketing Manager
- Monitor and enhance the company brand and ensure brand messages are consistent. Be fully in charge of brand management.
- Advise on both digital and traditional marketing strategies, and directly work with the marketing team to implement.
- Analyse market trends and recommend changes to marketing and business development strategies.
- Gather and analyse customer insight.
- Guide the marketing team on effective user engagement strategies and techniques.
- Directly oversee the activities of the SEO & SEM teams to ensure optimal efficiency.
- Analyse email campaigns, communicate results and implement improvements
- Minimum of a Degree
- 7-10 years experience
- Proficient in SEO & SEM
- Deep understanding of PPC – Google & Facebook ads
- Good knowledge of online reputation management
- Experienced in affiliate marketing
- Proven expertise in marketing communications, brand management, PR and media relations.
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
- Good leadership and people management skills
- Good presentation and negotiation skills
- Strategic and planning skills
- Good understanding of product marketing.
- Salary is between N300,000 – N500,000 per month.
Job Title: Chief Marketing Officer
- Develop and ensure the implementation of an effective marketing and sales plan for the organization
- Develop and implement a robust and effective marketing communications campaign for the organization
- Drive and coordinate all marketing activities nationwide
- Grow and sustain market share of the organization
- Develop programs with quantifiable objectives to measure results.
- Implement and manage marketing budget.
- Leverage data and analytics to drive insights.
- Modify or redirect business intelligence strategy.
- Oversee and direct the efforts of the marketing team.
- Develop segmentation, competitive analysis/market intelligence,
prospecting, lead generation, product and market development, pricing,
promotions, communications and budgets, sales force effectiveness,
strategic planning, services units and revenue retention and growth.
- Drive market penetration nationwide.
- Develop and measure key metrics around the business including
user acquisition, conversion rates, engagement rates, satisfaction and
- First degree in any discipline with a minimum of 2nd class upper division.
- Possession of an MBA or a postgraduate degree in any management field will be a strong added advantage.
- Professional qualifications in marketing or management will be an advantage
- Must have proven expertise and proficiency in all areas of both traditional and digital marketing
- 10 – 15 years experience
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Must be a team player, able to build and maintain effective and collaborative sales and marketing network
- Must be able to take responsibility and demonstrate high level of integrity in dealing with all stakeholders
- Salary is between N600,000 – N800,000 per month.
Job Title: Finance Officer
- Posting of daily transactions
- Daily lodgment of customers’ cheques
- Monthly preparation of financial statement
- Monthly bank reconciliation
- Daily update of customers’ statements
- Notify Management of defaults by customers
- Preparation of monthly payroll
- Remittance of payee and other taxes
- Remittance of pension fund contribution
Qualifications and Requirements
- 1 – 3 years experience
- Must have a degree, preferably in Accounting or related discipline.
- Minimum of second class upper.
- Possession of ACA will be an added advantage
- Must have a very good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- An excellent working knowledge of Peachtree Accounting software will be an added advantage
- Strong numerical skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong mental recollection
- Multi-tasking capacity
N100,000 – N150,000 per month
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org The title of your email should be Junior Accountant – Your Email Address E.g Junior Accountant – email@example.com
Application Deadline 16th September, 2016.