organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for
the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to
highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured
sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for
this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment
but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve
matters for populations living in precarious situations. MdM currently
works in 44 countries across all continents where it focuses on 4
priority areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons,
promoting sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction associated
with drug use, emergencies and crisis.
In Nigeria, violence in the northeast has caused massive displacement
and at the same time restricted movement: it has disrupted food
supplies, seriously hindered access to basic services, and limited
agricultural activities. In seven years of conflict, over 20,000 people
have been killed in Boko Haram-related incidents. The entire population
of northeast Nigeria – 24.5 million people – is indirectly affected.
People affected by violence in Adamawa, Borno, and Yobe, and
neighbouring Bauchi, Taraba, and Gombe states are in urgent need of
protection, shelter, food, and access to health services and education.
Since February 2016, as humanitarian access is increasing, extreme food
insecurity and malnutrition conditions have been revealed in Borno
As of 3rd August, 1.82 million people are estimated to be displaced
within/from of Borno state, from which 1.63 million actually stayed
within the state . Most of them (more than 1.2m) are living in Maiduguri
with the host community and others in formal and informal camps.
MdM is starting an emergency response to this crisis, in the Borno
state and is looking for experienced human resources to join its team on
the field in the coming weeks.
JOB TITLE: Doctor
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the medical coordinator, you will be in
charge of the implementation, follow up and supervision of some aspects
of the different medical activities in Maiduguri
More precisely, you will be in charge of :
The medical program implementation
- You will organize and participate to triage activities in collaboration with expatriate nurse and midwife
- You will participate to curative consultations by supervising the
national staff or ensure direct curative consultations when necessary
- You will participate to medical management of acute malnutrition cases (OTP)
- You will train the national medical & paramedics staff on site
- You will organize the medical referrals to the identified structures in collaboration with the health program coordinator
- You will organize the weekly activities schedule with expatriate nurse and midwife
- You will participate to the management of MC & HF pharmacies in collaboration with MdM medical team
The reporting activities and communication
- You will compile and computerize medical data for inclusion in medical reports or any other relevant reports
- You will prepare a weekly activities report to submit to health program coordinator
- You will report data about communicable diseases on a daily basis to health program coordinator
- You will participate to MdM internal meetings (medical, security…)
- You will attend to external medical meetings upon medical coordinator or health program coordinator request
- You will follow up medical issues and sharing of information with health program coordinator
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Volunteer – VSI
Contract : Volunteer – VSI (French status)
Duration : 3 months
915 euros / month + perdiem
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Diploma of doctor
- Experience in training is appreciated
- Languages: English
- You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.