Hamilton Lloyd and Associates – Our client is a Non-Profit Organization
that has been recognized as a pioneer of policy advocacy, education,
human rights, women empowerment, disaster relief and betterment of lives
of Africans. Their primary objective is to create a platform for its
core issues and
providing a voice to Nigeria’s people. Due to internal
expansion processes, they have decided to hire the services of:
Job Title: Program/Grant Manager
Job Location: Lagos
- The Program/Grant Manager will be part of a highly efficient and motivated team.
- He/she will be primarily responsible for sourcing project grants
and also work with our consultant, special Adviser on humanitarian
- The position is also responsible for collecting, analyzing and reporting disaster and humanitarian issues.
- He/she responsibility shall include international and grants
application, corporate and foundation development, technical assistant
to special adviser on humanitarian issues and policy analysis.
- The incumbent will identify, define, and develop funding sources
to support existing and planned program activities as well as
coordinate the development, writing, and submission of grant proposals
to third-party entities.
In particular, the responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Ensuring the Program Management Cycle is implemented in program activities.
- Developing and responding to public and private grant opportunities.
- Creating and maintaining monitoring and evaluation plans for projects and programs.
- Management of projects and programs.
- Representing the Foundation with external partners.
- Generating proposals and supporting documents in response to solicitations.
- Design and preparation of fund-raising proposals and grants application.
- Facilitate grants ‘kick off’ meetings.
- Preparation of reports to donor agencies and report for the Company Annual report.
- Webinar Meetings of active and potential funders, etc
- Conduct research, policy analysis and advocacy on the thematic areas of the Foundation.
- Organize events, conferences, workshops and seminars based on agreed outlook and scope.
- Ensure timely completion of training programmes according to work plan
- Network with other organizations involving in both internal and external as identified
- Undertaking capacity building in the team
- Writing reports according to established schedule and donor requirements.
- Developing communication material (newsletters, annual reports, etc.) for distribution to donors and other stakeholders.
- High level report and proposal writing
- Developing the annual strategy with the Chief Executive Officer and Management.
- Developing a fundraising strategy for the organization.
- Conducting mapping of institutional donors and foundations (EU, UN, USAID, DFID, etc), highlighting common priorities.
- Investigating and spearheading new avenues for individual support and/or donations.
- Developing a donor management tool where reports and history of donors can be easily tracked.
- As a Program Manager, you will oversee the coordination and administration of programs assigned to you.
- You will develop and expand initiatives to support the strategic direction of the foundation.
- Plan the delivery of the Company programs and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the foundation.
- Communicate with clients and other stakeholders to gain support for our programs and to solicit input to improve the program
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency
- For every program to be executed, you will identify and evaluate
the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate
action to control the risks.
- Create a good communication and support system between the foundation and board of trustees.
- As the program coordinator, you will be expected to behave
ethically so as to ensure that your behaviour and the behaviour of
others is consistent with the values of the Foundation. Also you will
establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both
internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the foundation.
- Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of all our programs and projects.
- Develop an annual budget and operating plan to support these programs.
- Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement.
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization.
Education and Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree and Upper credit in Marketing, social development, public relations or any related discipline.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience working as a grant or program manager in a non for profit organization.
- Marketing in the banking sector can be an added advantage.
- Proven track record of revenue generation in a non for profit organization
- Analytical – synthesizes complex or diverse information,
collects and researches data, uses intuition and experience to complete
tasks, designs work flows and procedures.
- Design – Generates creative solutions, translates concepts and information into images, and demonstrates attention to detail.
- Teamwork – balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views.
- The ideal candidate should be outgoing, confident, persuasive communicators and have excellent writing skills.
- Excellent financial analysis skills
- Must be able to give effective presentations
- Must be able to use the Microsoft suite effectively
- Excellent Marketing Skills
- Problem solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops
alternative solutions, works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills – Assess own strengths and weaknesses, pursues
training and development opportunities, strives to continuously build
knowledge and skills, shares expertise with others. Able to also analyze
conflict emerging t every point in time and vast knowledge of current
situations and happenings and developmental issues.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org kindly make the subject of the mail the job title
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 16th September, 2016.