World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating
authority for health within the United Nations system. It is
responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping
the health research agenda, setting norms and standards,
articulating evidence-based policy options,
support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
WHO is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Zonal Finance Assistant
Vacancy Notice No: AFRO/16/TASR123
Location: Bauchi, Nigeria
Contract type: Temporary Appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Duration of contract: 12 Months
Organization unit: AF_NGA Nigeria (AF_NGA) / AF_NG2 Administration (AF_NG2)
Objectives of the Programme
The objective of the EPI programme is to support national authorities to
provide high quality immunization services that will contribute to:
- The reduction of mortality, morbidity and disability from
vaccine preventable diseases through the optimum use of available and
new vaccines and
- The strengthening of national health systems as well as efforts to achieve the Millennium Development Goals.
Description of Duties
Under the overall supervision of the WHO Country Operations Officer, and
direct supervision of the Zonal Admin Officer (ZAO), the incumbent will
provide general administrative and finance support to the office.
The specific functions of the incumbent are:
- Assist the Zonal Admin Officer to administer the E-Imprest and
in the maintenance of financial records and monitoring systems to record
and reconcile expenditures, balances statement and confirming adequacy
of support documents as well as in rendering of monthly Imprest reports.
- Assist with disbursement of SIAs funds including payment site monitoring and report
- Assist in transport planning including monitoring of usage of
hired vehicles, fueling of vehicle fleets and generator maintenance
- Collects and deliver mails, pouches and other communication from
and to courier companies, government agencies and other institution;
maintains a mail movement register.
- Replace and assist other Admin Assistants within the Zone to perform other related financial and administrative duties
- Assist in preparing payment schedules/bank instructions including upload into electronic payment platforms
- Assists with maintenance of petty cash account and replenishment of same
- Performs any other relevant duties that may be assigned from time by the ZC, SC or ZAO
- Essential: Completion of Secondary education, training in in
Business/Accounting or technical courses in a field related to the work
- Desirable: Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Social Sciences or other related field is an asset.
Verification of Educational qualifications:
- “In the event that your candidature is retained for an
interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy
of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position.
- WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained
from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education
Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of
Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural
- The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/.
Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and these
will be reviewed individually”.
- Computer literacy especially proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel
- Producing results;
- Communicating in a credible and effective way;
- Ensuring the effective use of resources;
- Essential: At least 5 years’ experience commensurate with the
duties of the posts and its grade in an international, public or private
organization of repute.
- Desirable: Experience in working with bilateral or multilateral International Organizations in the country is an Advantage
- Essential: Excellent knowledge of English
WHO offers an attractive compensation package including an annual net
salary (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and
health insurance), dependency benefits, pension plan, health insurance
scheme, and 30 days annual leave.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Candidates will be contacted only if they are under serious consideration
Application Deadline 7th October, 2016.