Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit,
non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our
teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization
and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic
answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide
emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their
dignity and regain self-sufficiency. The association leads in average
140 projects by year in the following sectors of intervention: food
security, health, nutrition, construction and rehabilitation of
infrastructures, water, sanitation, hygiene and economic recovery. PUI
is providing assistance to around 4 million people in 22 countries – in
Africa, Asia, Middle East, Caucasus and Europe.
Premiere Urgence Internationale is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
As part of our activities in Nigeria, we are looking for a Logistics Coordinator in Abuja:
- The logistics coordinator is responsible for the smooth
functioning of logistics on the mission. He/She makes sure the resources
which are necessary for carrying out the programmes are available and
actively participates in the mission’s safety management.
- Car park: He/She is responsible of the management of the car
park (availability, safety, maintenance etc), for the smooth functioning
of the mission and the realization of activities in accordance with
the available budget.
- Functioning of the bases: He/She supports the teams in case of redeployment/installation/rehabilitation/ closing of bases.
- Representation: He/She represents the organization amongst
partners, authorities and different local actors involved in the
logistics and the safety of the mission.
- Coordination: He/She consolidates and communicates logistics
information at the heart of the mission to headquarters and also
coordinates internal and external logistics reports.
- Safety: He/She assists the Head of Mission with safety
management. He/She is directly responsible of the daily, concrete
aspects of the mission’s safety management.
- Supplies: He/She coordinates supplies and deliveries for
projects and for the bases. He/She guarantees that PUI’s procedures and
logistical tools are in place and are respected.
- Fixed equipment: He/She is responsible of the management of
computer equipment, tele/radiocommunication equipment and for the
mission’s energy supply.
- Bioforce/ Bac + 2 to + 5 – in logistics (purchases, transport etc)
- Min. 2 year of humanitarian experience in logistic coordination.
- Experience in security management.
- Familiarity with stock procedure, car park management, telecommunications, etc
- Familiarity with the procedures of institutional backers (OFDA, ECHO, AAP, UN agencies,etc)
- Mastery of techniques such as communication, energy, electricity and computer technology
- Good writing skills
- English is man
Knowledge and Skills:
- Independence, an ability to take the initiative and a sense of responsibility
- Good resistance to stress
- Sense of diplomacy and negotiation
- Sense of involvement
- Trustworthiness and rigor
- Capacity to delegate and to supervise the work of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to remain calm and level-headed
- General ability to resist stress and particularly in unstable circumstances
- Good analysis and discernment capacities
- Organization and priority management
- Adaptability to changing priorities
- Pragmatism, objectivity and an ability to take a step back and analyze
- Ability to make suggestions
Employed with a 6 months Fixed-Term Contract.
Remuneration and Benefits
- Monthly gross income: from 1 980 up to 2 310 Euros depending on
the experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester
seniority with PUI.
- Cost covered: Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas, vaccines…
- Daily living Expenses (« Per diem »)
- Break Policy: 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy: 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months.
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accommodation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application
(Resume and Cover Letter) to “Romain Gautier, Human Resources Officer”
for Expatriates at:
firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject: “LogCo-Nigeria”
Application Deadline 30th November, 2016.