i+Solutions is an independent international not-for-profit organization,
specializing in pharmaceutical supply chain management for low and
middle income countries. We offer high quality integrated supply chain
and consultancy services for HIV/AIDS-, Malaria-, TB.-treatment and for
Health activities through Innovation, Information
Technology, creativity and effective execution. i+solutions located in
Woerden (Netherlands) with local offices in Washington DC, SA, DRC,
Burundi, Rwanda and Nigeria. In Woerden we employ about 60 persons and
work with sub-contractors across the globe. Our clients include
international organizations such as WHO, UNFPA, Ministries of Health and
of Foreign Affairs, USAID, the Global Fund, UNITAID, NGO’s and private
i+Solutions is looking for qualified candidates to fill the position below in Abuja:
Job Title: Project Manager
- Within the Training, Consultancy and Projects (TCP) Department
at i+ solutions’ headquarters in Woerden, the Netherlands, we are
searching for an experienced Project Manager Nigeria. The selected
candidate will engage in and contribute positively towards our
organization’s project activities in Nigeria, reporting to the TCP
Manager in the Netherlands.
- The Project Manager Nigeria will be responsible for overall
management and administration of this multi-stakeholder project,
supported by the deputy program manager and team in Nigeria and by a
project officer in Woerden office.
- The selected candidate will bring demonstrated project
management experience in resource limited settings, senior level
negotiation and debating skills with a focus on tight deadline and
project plan management, while exhibiting excellent relation-management
skills to mitigate dependencies and ensure stakeholder engagement.
- The Project Manager Nigeria will be proactive in enhancing the
quality of i+ solutions’ performance, in representing i+ solutions
towards the international professional community and in the development
of new initiatives.
- i+solutions is the lead partner of a consortium, who has been
awarded a Capacity Building Services contract funded by Global Fund to
provide supply chain integration services to the Federal Ministry of
Health in Nigeria. The innovative and ambitious Nigerian Supply Chain
Integration Project (NSCIP) is moving into its second project year and a
need has been identified for on-the-ground project management to
support our local project team.
- Manage the i+ consortium of international and local partners in 2016/2017.
- Manages the local office with 5 employees.
- Collaborate with senior specialists, program officers, country
representatives, business development staff and others to conceptualize
and design proposals for new projects and/or amendments to current
- Maintain a network of professional contacts; negotiate
partnership agreements and budgets; coordinate teaming agreements,
memoranda of understanding, and other institutional agreements with
- Explore further project possibilities for i+solutions in Nigeria.
- Represent i+ solutions in international fora and conferences;
contribute to the international discussion by providing lectures,
presentations and publications.
- Responsible for quality of planning, monitoring and reporting.
- Budget management.
- Function as the focal point and liaison between the consortium
and the donor and the coordination unit of the Federal Ministry of
Health of Nigeria, for matters exceeding operational level.
- Manage communications with internal and external stakeholders related to the NSCIP project.
- Other related tasks, as needed.
- Masters’ degree in International Development, Logistics,
Business Administration, Public Health or any other discipline relevant
to the position.
- Proven successful track record with proposals to large international donors.
- Demonstrated skills organizing teams to produce high-quality standards on tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in English; command of French is a plus.
- Demonstrated competence with Microsoft Office Suite
applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Project and Power Point.
Preferably advanced user level of MS Excel.
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience in senior positions, of
which minimum 5 years as a project/program manager of complex
- At least four years’ relevant working experience in one or more LMICs.
- Knowledge and understanding of LMIS design and data management.
- Experience in setting up of logistics management units/centers will be an advantage.
Conditions of Employment
- This is a fulltime Project-based position for a workweek of 40 hours in Nigeria, starting as soon as possible.
- The contracting will be on the basis of a consultancy agreement against a monthly consultancy fee.
- Frequent travelling will be a part of the job for proper
coordination and alignment with Head Quarters in Woerden (at least 10
time per year) and with various projects within Nigeria and the region.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in Nigeria and able to travel to the Netherlands.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Interested candidates should please upload their CV and cover
letter (please make sure you press the upload button again AFTER
submitting your documents, otherwise your files will not be sent to us).
- Candidate should send their Application before the closing date stated above.
- Only applications of candidates meeting the requirements will be taken into account.
- No agencies please.
Application Deadline 27th October, 2016.