The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is the largest
humanitarian network in the world. Its mission is to alleviate human
suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity
during armed conflicts and other emergencies. It is present in every
country and supported by millions of volunteers.
It is not a single organization. It is composed of the International
Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), the International Federation of Red
Cross and Red Crescent Societies and the 189 individual National
Societies. Each has its own legal identity and role, but they are all
united by seven Fundamental Principles.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Maiduguri Sub
Delegation, is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the job vacancy
Job Title: Laboratory Field Officer
- Collaborate with local counterparts and contribute to the
improvement of the quality of the blood bank in the State Specialist
Hospital, Maiduguri and to ensure safe laboratory practice is followed.
- Liaise with hospital staff to ensure specimen collection procedures are safe and accurate, with correct documentation.
- Train staff in collecting statistics, and ensure monthly laboratory statistics are accurate.
- Ensure the regular maintenance of lab equipment and ensure supplies and reagents are used correctly and economically.
- Compile clinical data from the blood bank
- Work with the hospital blood bank team to assist the hospital
blood bank provide the optimal standard of support within guidelines
provided by the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Health and ICRC
- Ensure all staff complete correct specimen documentation and registration.
- Ensure patient confidentiality procedures are maintained
- Certified Laboratory Technologist/Scientist, registered with the Laboratory Board
- Computer literate (Word, Excel…).
- Good spoken and written knowledge of English
- At least 2 to 3 years of experience as blood bank/|Lab technologist
- Degree or equivalent qualification as a Haematologist/ Immuno-haematologist
- Team player
- Ability to provide both formal teaching sessions and informal on the job training.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from various cultures and professional backgrounds
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application
letters, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
- Please clearly indicate “Laboratory Field Officer Maiduguri” as
the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role
without this subject will not be treated)
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 21st October, 2016.