Capricorn Digital Limited is a fast growing digital solution and
distribution company based in Nigeria that supports the growth of
businesses through the efficient and effective distribution of digital
products and services by utilising an extensive distribution footprint
We focus on products and services that can be digitized
and works with merchants to create the most efficient and effective
means of distributing those products and services, thereby reducing time
to market and driving sales.
Capricorn Digital Limited is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Legal Manager
- The legal manager serves as a support in the execution of legal activities in the Company
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Negotiate, write and execute agreements and contracts
- Ensure the Company is in compliance with all of its third party
obligations as stated in the legal agreements it has entered into
- Research unique legal issues impacting the organization by identifying applicable statutes, judicial decisions, and codes.
- Provide leadership and ensure efficient and effective management of staff and resources in the Legal department.
- Review and provide legal advice on tender documents.
- Review on-going cases and advice management accordingly.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
- Review and regularly update the legal departmental processes.
- Keep abreast of legislative changes that may affect the company and its affiliates.
- Perform pre-litigation work to minimize risks and maximize legal rights.
- Review advertising and marketing materials to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Develop solutions to complex legal questions.
- Ensure the Company’s agreements, its actions and operations are
in compliance with the rules, guidelines and regulations of relevant
- Offer counsel on a variety of legal issues
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal
risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been
- Manage various projects and deadlines
- Ensure legal objectives are met
- Provide training to company and its affiliates on substantive legal topics.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- A First Degree in Law i.e. (LLB) and Bachelor of Law (BL)
- Relevant post graduate qualifications may be an added advantage, but are not a requirement.
- Must be a Legal Practitioner, or a Law graduate that has been called to bar, with 5-8 years’ post call experience
- Must be proficient in commercial law, understand the e-payment industry and should be able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability and willingness to work round the clock when required, and meet tight deadlines
- Willingness to learn
- Must possess strong communication skills
- Must possess a deep understanding of corporate law transactions and other legal matters.
- Must be goal oriented and self-motivated
Other Skills & Abilities:
- PC proficiency and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word and Google application is essential.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the email.