Marriott International is a leading global lodging company based in
Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries
and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its
heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C.,
in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or
franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been
consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business
ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty
program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which
together surpass 49M members.
Marriott International is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Guest Relations Agent
Job Number: 160016ZW
Job Category: Guest Services/Front Desk
- You were always one of those curious kids who opened every
cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask “why” when
given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every
experience. You live life to discover.
- You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to
explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide. If this sounds
like you, you’re in the right place. You’ve got authentic style, natural
curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place
to spend the night, it’s a place to discover, a place in the world with
style like yours. That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re
looking for someone like you.
- Process all guest check-ins, check-outs, room assignments, and room change/late check-out requests.
- Coordinate with Housekeeping to track room status and guest concerns.
- File guest paperwork or documentation.
- Welcome and acknowledge guests according to company standards;
anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with
disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships; support
team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the
concerns of employees.
- Comply with quality assurance standards.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Operate telephone switchboard station.
- Run and check daily reports, contingency lists, and credit card authorization reports.
- Supply guests with directions and information.
- Answer, record, and process all guest calls, requests,
questions, or concerns; follow up to ensure each has been met to guests’
- Arrange transportation for guests/visitors.
- Count and secure bank at beginning and end of shift.
- Cash guests’ checks, process all payment types, vouchers, paid-outs, charges, and provide change.
- Notify Security of any reports of theft.
- Secure payment; activate/reissue room keys.
- Ensure rates match market codes, document exceptions.
- Verify/adjust billing for guests.
- Communicate to appropriate staff when guests are waiting for an available room.
- Advise guest of messages.
- Clear departures in computer system.
- Follow company policies and procedures; report accidents,
injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; ensure uniform and
personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality
of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply