Solidarites International (SI) has not been active in Nigeria in the
past and therefore has a limited experience in the country. SI sent a
first exploratory team in Nigeria (North-Eastern States) for three weeks
in April. A continued presence of senior managers has been maintained
since mid-May in
Borno state and Abuja. Additionally, SI registration
in Nigeria is ongoing with the help of a local lawyer.
Solidarites International is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Field Coordinator
Starting Date: November, 2016.
Duration: 6 months (renewable)
Organization of the Mission
- Nigeria mission is currently stabilizing the opening process.
The coordination is composed of a head of mission, a program
coordinator, a logistics coordinator, an administrative coordinator,
and now a field coordinator for the Maiduguri base. The coordination is
expected to spend a consequent amount of time in Maiduguri, in direct
support of field based operations. Therefore, the mission has a
coordination team based in between Abuja and Maiduguri, which includes a
Head of Mission, an Administrative coordinator a Logistic Coordinator
and a Program coordinator.
- Operations are to be based in Maiduguri, Monguno and other
relevant LGAs. In Maiduguri the team is composed of a Wash project
manager, a Wash activity manager, a logistician and an administrator.
- The Monguno sub-base is composed of an activity manager
supported solely by a Log/Admin assistant recruited as national staff.
The base administrator is expected therefore to travel from time to
time to Monguno to provide support to the sub-base.
- A substantial expansion of the base staffing is more than likely before the end of the year.
About the Job
- The Field Coordinator has the role of delegated Head of Mission
for a region of a country in which Solidarités International intervenes.
- He/she proposes a regional strategy according to the
geopolitical and humanitarian context, and ensures its implementation
- He/she checks and ensures that projects are carried out in
accordance with Solidarités International’s charter, respecting all
internal and contractual procedures
- He/she mobilizes the material and financial resources necessary
for programs to run smoothly, and supervises resource management.
- He/she coordinates the teams in place and is responsible for their security in his/her assigned zone.
- He/she is the Head of Mission’s direct contact and representative.
- He/she will be directly managed by the head of mission. He/she
will directly manage the head of departments on his/her base (Wash
Program Manager, Logistician and Administrator).
Specific Objectives of the position within the period:
- Following the recent and strong positioning of SI in Maiduguri
and Monguno, Nigeria mission is opening a new position of Field
Coordinator for Borno State, taking all Borno-related operational and
access considerations over SI current Nigeria Head of Mission.
- The Field Coordinator will also be a key component of SI
coordination team and a close collaborator of the Head of Mission in
the design of the mission strategic lines.
- An outstanding ability to manage heavy workload and constant
operational stress is required for this highly challenging position.
- The Field Coordinator will first be in charge of analyzing the
everchanging military and socio-political context in Borno State, along
with critical gaps in the emergency humanitarian response. He/She will
be able to develop an extensive information network and a reactive
humanitarian data collection system will be requested, supported in
that by a team of senior national collaborators and by the Head of
- He/she will supervise the overall SI operations in all Borno
LGAs, including program and support teams, with a security and access
framing mindset. He/She will notably be in charge of prioritizing
emergency deployments, in close coordination with the Head of Mission
and the Program Coordinator.
- SI is looking for an emergency-focused, proactive and intuitive
collaborator able to lead life-saving operations in highly insecure
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in International
Relations, International Development, Humanitarian Studies, Logistics,
Business, Management, or other related sectors.
- 4 to 6 years of professional experience, including 2 to 3 years minimum in the humanitarian environment.
- 2 years of experience as Field Coordinator, Program Coordinator or Emergency Coordinator.
- 2 years of experience in conflict and post-conflict contexts.
- Previous experience in insecure and access-hindered environment required.
- Ability to collect, manage and filter extensive amounts of information in real time
- Ability to develop quick and intuitive analysis
- Ability and willingness to evolve in very fast paced environments and insecure contexts
- Strong synthesis and information dissemination skills
- Capacity to manage a multi-technical team.
- Capacity to provide clear and well documented strategies
- Demonstrated networking capacity, including with national key stakeholders
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Haoussa is an advantage.
- Good knowledge in MS Office package: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power point, Microsoft Outlook.
- Knowledge of basic GIS desirable.
SI’s conditions for this position include:
- A salaried fixed term contract, with a gross salary, which,
according to your experience, starts from 2000 euros gross per month,
plus 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly.
- A Per Diem of 750 USD.
- Housing on the field will be managed and covered by SI, in a compound with guesthouse and office.
- Social and medical coverage: Expatriates benefit from an
insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including
medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological
expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks.
Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
- Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation
between work and time off is implemented at the rate of one break every
three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a
7-day break during the 3rd and the 9th month (with 500 euros allocated
by Solidarités). He/she will also be entitled to go back to his or her
home country for a 14-day period after six months spent on the mission
(Solidarités will cover travel costs).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th November, 2016.