What is the job description and role of an Aeronautical engineer? What are the duties and responsibilities of an Aeronautical engineer?
Aeronautical engineer Job Description
Aeronautical engineers produce specifications for the design, development, manufacture and modification of military and civil aircraft, aeronautical components and associated systems.
Aeronautical engineers are concerned with the manufacture, development and maintenance of technology relating to aircrafts. Engineers use detailed technical knowledge to improve flight safety, reduce costs and increasingly, address the environmental impact of air travel.
Job Description / Duties / Functions / Roles / Responsibilities of an Aeronautical engineer
- analysing and interpreting data.
- writing reports and documentation
- agreeing budgets, timescales and specifications with clients/managers
- undertaking theoretical and practical research
- providing technical advice
- measuring and improving performance of aircraft, components and systems
- assessing design requirements
- testing, evaluating, modifying and re-testing products
- producing and implementing designs and test procedures
An ability to work under pressure and to deadline is important. Engineers may work from offices, or they may be based in aircraft workshops, production hangars or aeronautical laboratories. Local and national travel between sites can be necessary, while opportunities for international travel arise with professional courses and conferences and through working within international partnerships and consortiums.
Lengthy career breaks are difficult due to the need to keep up to date with recent technological developments.