What is the job description and role of an Ambulance person? What are the duties and responsibilities of an Ambulance person?
Ambulance person Job Description
Ambulance Persons are the first medical workers in-charge of injured personnel during accidents. They provide first aid assistance to the injured wherein their goal is to stabilize the person before transferring them to the hospital for further medical care.
Their job often requires them to quickly decide on the best method to stabilize the person and provide immediately medical relief during emergencies.
Job Description / Duties / Functions / Roles / Responsibilities of an Ambulance person
- producing thorough case notes and reporting the patient’s history, condition and treatment to relevant hospital staff.
- Accompany and assist emergency medical technicians on calls.
- Administer first aid such as bandaging, splinting, and administering oxygen.
- Drive ambulances or assist ambulance drivers in transporting sick, injured, or convalescent persons.
- Place patients on stretchers, and load stretchers into ambulances, usually with assistance from other attendants.
- assessing whether and how to move patients and, where appropriate, the best location to transport them to;
- cleaning, decontaminating and checking vehicles and equipment to maintain a state of operational readiness;
- liaising with members of other emergency services, such as the police, fire brigade or coast guard and other ambulance services to ensure the appropriate level of response is provided;
- working closely with doctors and nurses in hospital accident and emergency departments, briefing them as their patient arrives at hospital;
- Remove and replace soiled linens and equipment in order to maintain sanitary conditions.
- Replace supplies and disposable items on ambulances.
- monitoring the patient’s condition;
- dealing with members of the public and family members present at the scene;
- driving and crewing an ambulance or other rapid response vehicle;
- assisting with patient care in hospitals or health care centres;
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!