Hobark International Limited is the parent company of the Hobark group
operating in the oil and gas industry. The company was incorporated in
1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently we
have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: AUT (NDE) Supervisor
Req I D: Req-1049
Location: Port Harcourt
The holder of the position shall in particular:
- Ensure that the required technical competence in NDE works is maintained by Contractor / Subcontractor at the Worksite.
- Be abreast of all standard and contract regulations as they
affect the execution of welding, piping works, and to participate in
evaluation and analysis of problems and their resolution.
- Carry out regular inspections and audits of plant facilities to ensure NDE works achievement.
- Ensure that the resources and organisation of the Contractor /
Subcontractor are sufficient with regard to the workload regarding NDE.
- Ensuring that Contractor maintains accurate NDE records throughout the contractual period
- Organizing and conducting process audits for his field of activity
- Reporting to the QC coordinator / Welding Engineer /
Construction Superintendant on a regular basis, and to Project’s
Management upon request
- Supporting the UFR Site team and proposing technical solutions /
way forward in case of unexpected difficulties during the WORK
execution on Site.
- Be in charge of surveillance on Contractor / Subcontractor’s NDE
works for the pipes including certification file, precommissioning (as
required), punch list and progress measurement (procedure and
validation), and to provide advice to Contractor / Subcontractor
inspectors regarding related problems.
- Ensure that the documentation related to NDE at the Worksite is
properly filed by Contractor / Subcontractor which shall be provided as
part of the as-built documentation.
- Reviewing and approving relevant NDE documents. This includes
typically NDE specifications / procedures / qualifications reports, etc
… in particular AUT (Automated Ultrasonic Testing).
- Participating on NDE qualification, in particular AUT
- Verifying the NDE Operators qualifications and certifications.
- Monitoring performance of NDE in terms of quality and frequency, ensuring conformity with relevant specifications and codes
- Education to HND level in an Engineering discipline or
experienced technician with minimum of 10 years experiences in the oil
and gas industry,
- Good knowledge of technical referential and HSE Golden Rules.
Good knowledge of welding processes. Very good knowledge of material and
equipment. Familiarity with Contractor, Subcontractor & Supplier
documentation i.e. QCP/ITP, Construction / Fabrication Dossiers,
Material Certification, Quality Records etc.
- Team oriented, good communication, motivational, coordination and delegation skills.
- Fluent in English both verbally and in writing
- Minimum 15 years of experience associated with Non Destructive
Examination, minimum 5 years experience on automated ultrasonic testing
- Qualification level III on UT and level II on RT and MPI as per ISO 9712
- Formal training in the time of flight diffraction techniques and automated ultrasonic testing.
- BSc, Engineering, EPC, Oil & Gas, Operations, Production
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply