Job Title: Bursar/Accountant
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the overall operations of student financial services,
billing and receivables, and cashiering functions of the business
- Establishes and implements short- and long-range organizational
goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures;
monitors and evaluates programmatic and operational effectiveness, and
effects changes required for improvement.
- Develops and manages annual budgets for the organization and performs periodic cost and productivity analyses.
- Represents the business school to various institutional
divisions as well as externally to governmental agencies, vendors,
students and their parents, and/or the general public.
- Plans, develops, and implements strategies for generating resources and/or revenues for the organization.
- Provides direction and leadership in financial management,
fiscal policies review and changes; conducts special studies as
required; ensures compliance with the business school, state, and
federal regulations and standard accounting procedures.
- Provides periodic reports of receipts and technical information
to the business school community and to school’s coordinating agency.
- Encourages customer-oriented staff interaction with students, and administrators.
- Interacts with internal and external auditors, participates in
auditing projects, or provides information and access to accounting
records as required.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- B.Sc/HND in Accounting
- At least 5 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- ICAN or ACCA
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations, and school’s financial policies and procedures
- Knowledge of accounting and accounts receivable principles, methodology, and practices.
- Knowledge of cashiering and cash management principles, systems, procedures, and standards.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart information to a range of clientele and/or media sources.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal and community relations skills and the
ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community.
- Ability to plan, organize, implement, and administer complex recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of university and/or public auditing policies, standards, and procedures.
- Ability to write reports containing technical information.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures,
formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and
- Ability to plan and evaluate programs.
- Ability to identify and secure alternative funding/revenue sources.
- Knowledge of software to quantify and illustrate complex financial reports, comparisons, impacts, and/or projections.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com
Note: Candidates should submit their Application
Letters and Curriculum Vitae and Names and address of 3 (three)
referees, (two of whom must be authorities in candidates field of
study), and will be willing to forward written reports on the candidate.
Application Deadline 30th November, 2016.