What is the job description and role of a Call Centre Manager? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Call Centre Manager?
Call centre manager Job Description
The manager of a call centre (also called a contact centre) is responsible for the daily running and management of the centre through the effective use of resources. They have responsibility for meeting, and possibly setting, customer service targets as well as planning areas of improvement or development. Call centre managers ensure that calls are answered by staff within agreed time scales and in an appropriate manner.
Call centre managers liaise with businesses for which they provide the first response, as well as the third parties who supply products to the centre. They coordinate and motivate call centre staff and may also manage staff recruitment.
There are two main types of call centre, although some centres may incorporate both functions:
- inbound centres receive calls from customers and clients, e.g. queries, requests, orders and complaints;
- outbound centres contact potential customers and clients with the aim of gathering information or selling a product.
Job Description / Duties / Functions / Roles / Responsibilities of a Call centre manager
- coordinating staff recruitment, including writing vacancy advertisements and liaising with HR staff;
- Call Centre Manager handles the most complex customer complaints or enquiries;
- organising staffing, including shift patterns and the number of staff required to meet demand;
- coaching, motivating and retaining staff and coordinating bonus, reward and incentive schemes;
- forecasting and analysing data against budget figures on a weekly and/or monthly basis;
- setting and meeting performance targets for speed, efficiency, sales and quality;
- managing the daily running of the call centre;
- maintaining up-to-date knowledge of industry developments and involvement in networks;
- liaising with supervisors, team leaders, operatives and third parties to gather information and resolve issues;
- Call Centre Manager monitors random calls to improve quality, minimise errors and track operative performance;
- reviewing the performance of staff, identifying training needs and planning training sessions;
- Call Centre Manager records statistics, user rates and the performance levels of the centre and preparing reports;
- improving performance by raising efficiency and sourcing new equipment to enable this, e.g. new dialling products.