Education Development Center (EDC) is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development
firms. EDC designs, implements and evaluates programs to improve
education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide. Collaborating
with both public and private partners,
we strive for a world where all
people are empowered to live healthy, productive lives.
Education Development Center (EDC) is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Program Assistant
- The USAID/Nigeria’s Northern Education Initiative Plus, being
implemented by Creative Associates and EDC, works to improve the quality
of and access to education in Nigeria’s Northern States.
- The Program Assistant will support coordination of project activities and the development of reports.
- This reports to the State Team Leader,
- In collaboration with the State Team Leader and Officer, take
overall responsibility for coordinating the Program activity-of the
project at the state level. Update and share an electronic calendar
weekly as activities are scheduled or modified.
- Actively solicit and file appropriately electronic copies of all activity reports from all project staff.
- Manage the consultants’ recruitment process compile a database
of consultants, develop quarterly plans for consultant needs. obtain SOW
from technical staff, contact and communications with consultants,
arrange orienting/briefs/training them, assist with retirement and
- Travel to various activities in-and outside of the state and provide support when required.
- Conduct and/or support any special projects or other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Match project implementation with the work plan every week and flag areas of action.
- Compile and edit quarterly. semi-annual and annual reports for
timely review by the STL for onward and submission to Chief of Party.
- Basic Degree in any field with at least 2 years’ experience working in a dynamic Organization.
- S/he will have strong office and organizational skills with
competence to set priorities and multi- task in a time-sensitive
- Team skills and comfort with computer word processing. spreadsheets and presentation software are a must.
- Agility working with electronic calendars (outlook or Google or
other) and file management on networked system are an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and,demonstrated ability to
interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients and
- The candidate must he highly creative, witty and able to undertake complex tasks with minimal support.
- Writing and communication skills will he an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive
resume with a brief cover letter as ONE MS document or PDF to: email@example.com If you wish to be considered for a post, please specify the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
Note: There is no relocation allowance available for this position