GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with
software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive
and predictive. Through our people, leadership
technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers
by speaking the language of industry.
GE is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Application & Requisition Engineer
Job Number: 2769531
Business: GE Power
Business Segment: Power Power Services
- This position involves scope to cover both (Proposal) ITO and
(Execution) OTR for legacy Alstom GT. The ITO scope includes preparing
Standard inspection, Conversion, Modification & Uprate (CM&U)
technical proposals mainly for legacy Alstom Gas turbines (including
research, technical description, performance, emissions and cost
- In this role you will utilize conceptual thinking and the
ability to quickly determine applicability of GE technology to support
the growing market in the MEA region.
- Provide engineering leadership and have responsibility for all
technical aspects of assessing each opportunity upfront for feasibility.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations at customer meetings and conferences.
- Promote and contribute to business programs (cost reduction, continuous improvement, workout, business teams, etc.).
- Lead system level / fleet wide proposal activities.
- Review and own proposal related metrics.
- The engineering scope is well documented and defined for the execution team
- The plant as maintained is updated after outage
- Identify risk areas and address technical issues inherent with retrofitting GE gas equipment.
- Review customer specifications and ensure offering satisfies requirements and identify exceptions and/or clarifications.
- Coordinate with customers, GE regional and headquarters sales
and operations support, EED components, and key Core Power Services
organizations to ensure the CM&U proposal is compatible with the
unit, the customer needs, GE design standards and established quoting
- BS degree or above in a Mechanical or equivalent technical discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience
- Minimum of 3 years of gas turbine, steam turbine and generator product knowledge
- Fluency in English, ability to communicate with local customers & suppliers
- A Minimum of 3 years of gas turbine, steam turbine and generator
product knowledge discharge or exemption certificate will be required
(please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Demonstrated ability to represent GE in customer communication & discussions
- Demonstrated ability to work with a cross-functional team in a global environment
- Proven record of responsiveness in offering disposition to
various stakeholders (regional/global) including customer, service
managers, design/repair center of excellence
- Extensive background with Gas and Steam Turbine, generator product line. Experience on Alstom Gas Turbine is preferred
- Proven track record for delivering results and leading teams in a dynamic business environment
- Strong customer focus mindset
- Fluency in English ability to communicate with local customers & suppliers
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification (GE employees only)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Should be team player
- Experience and demonstrated success working in a cross-functional environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply