Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit,
non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our
teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization
and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic
collapses, by answering their fundamental needs.
Our aim is to provide
emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their
dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
The association leads in average 190 projects by year in the following
sectors of intervention: food security, health, nutrition, construction
and rehabilitation of infrastructures, water, sanitation, hygiene and
economic recovery. PUI is providing assistance to around 5 million
people in 20 countries – in Africa, Asia, Middle East, Eastern Europe
Premiere Urgence Internationale is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Report to: Head of Mission
- The Medical Coordinator is responsible for the success of the
mission’s medical strategy and the quality of current and future medical
programmes at the definition, implementation and evaluation phases.
- He/She provides support to health programme managers who report to them on the basis of a dotted-line relationship.
- In the context of health activities opening, the Medical
Coordinator strongly support the team for the development and the
implementation of medical protocols according to the national and
international recommendation in order to insure the quality of medical
care provided in the primary health centre facility and the Mobile
Health Clinics supported by PUI.
Task and Responsibilities
- Strategy: Working alongside the Head of Mission and cooperating
closely with the field coordinator, he/she contributes to the
development of new medical initiatives for the mission.
- He/She carries out epidemiological monitoring for the country
and analyses strengths and weaknesses from the point of view of public
- Human Resources / Training: He/She support the medical team (PUI
employees), provides regular capacity building and trainings according
to the needs, provides support to programme managers for recruiting
technical staff and supervises technical training activities on the
basis of identified needs.
- Logistics and Administration: He/She ensures the activities for
which he/she is responsible comply with logistical and administrative
- Safety: He/She contributes to compliance with safety rules
within the mission and communicates any safety-related information to
the Head of Mission. He/She ensures healthcare is provided for
expatriate staff involved in the mission.
- Programmes: He/She ensures that medical programme(s) are in line
with PUI’s health policy and monitors them for quality and efficacy.
- Representation: He/She represents the association to partners,
authorities and local stakeholders involved in implementing medical
programmes. He/she actively attend health working group and coordination
mechanisms for health intervention.
Training and experiences
- Medical training OR Paramedic training
- Public health
- Medical internship
Knowledge and skills:
- Good written communication skills
- Knowledge of project management
- Pack Office
Required Personal Characteristics
- Ability to work independently, take the initiative and take responsibility
- Resilience to stress
- Proactive approach to making proposals and identifying solutions
- Ability to work and manage professionally and maturely
- Ability to integrate into the local environment, taking account of its political, economic and historical characteristics
- Diplomacy and open-mindedness
- Good analytical skills
- Organisation and ability to manage priorities
- Required: English
- Desirable: French
- Employed with a Fixed-Term Contract – 12 months
- Minimum duration of commitment: 12 months
- Housing in collective accommodation
- Daily living Expenses (« Per diem »)
- Break Policy: 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy: 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
- Starting date: November 2016 Salaire / Indemnité
- Monthly gross income: from 2 200 up to 2 530 Euros depending on
the experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester
seniority with PUI
- Cost Covered: Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas, vaccines…
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications
(Resume and Cover Letter) to “Romain Gautier, Human Resources Officer”
for Expatriates, at: email@example.com with the following subject: (MedCo-NGA).
Application Deadline 31st December, 2016.