Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit,
non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our
teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization
and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses,
answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency
relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity
and regain self-sufficiency.
The association leads in average 190 projects by year in the following
sectors of intervention: food security, health, nutrition, construction
and rehabilitation of infrastructures, water, sanitation, hygiene and
economic recovery. PUI is providing assistance to around 5 million
people in 20 countries – in Africa, Asia, Middle East, Eastern Europe
Premiere Urgence Internationale is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Under the supervision of the pharmacy manager, the pharmacy
assistant will ensure proper pharmaceutical goods management (storage,
inventory, distribution) of his pharmacy and adequate supply of quality
medicines and medical equipment to PUI projects.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Assist the pharmacist with orders calculation;
- Prepare orders for the bases or supported health structures;
establish and share a distribution schedule. The pharmacist validates
- Store the products received in accordance with PUI stock management procedures.
- Prepare donations / loans / exchanges;
- Plan and collaborate with the Logistics department for the organization of drugs transport.
- Ensure receipt and quality control of drugs. Inform the pharmacy manager in case of noncompliance;
- Appropriately use the management documents (inventory records,
stock cards, computer tools etc.) in line with PUI pharmacy management
- Put all efforts to avoid waste and notably through a close monitoring of drugs expiration dates;
- Under the supervision of the pharmacy manager conduct and
document appropriately a monthly physical inventory. In case of
discrepancy between the theoretical stock and the inventory, inform the
- Being able to provide at any given time reliable data on any stock (quantity, value);
- Under the supervision of the pharmacy manager, conduct inventory
of specific pharmacies (vehicles, first aid kits, etc.). Inform the
medical coordinator in case of irrational consumption;
- Ensure that expired or damaged items are properly quarantined;
- Make a monthly backup (minimum) of all computer data.
- Ensure the storage is proper (especially temperature conditions,
humidity, light and safety), ordered (classification, labeling) and
secure (key access) in line with PUI procedures;
- Record temperatures and humidity in accordance with PUI guidelines and tools;
Reporting / Archiving:
- Write a monthly activity report to be transmitted to the pharmacist;
- Ensure a proper classification of documents and archives;
- Participate to the annual PUI pharmacy activity planning update.
- Under the direct supervision of: Pharmacy Manager
- Under the overall supervision of:Medical Coordinator
- Secondary school – skills in Mathematics – Logistic
- A health background is a strong asset
- Significant experience in stock management, for pharmacy is an asset
- Experience in an international NGO is a strong asset
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization
- Great moral and ethical sense
- Well organised, rigorous
- Respects confidentiality required for safety of people
- Honesty, integrity, motivation, professionalism
- Microsoft excel, word and internet
- Fluent in English and Hausa
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit copies of the following documents only:
- Updated CV
- Letter of motivation
- National ID card
- Reference contacts.
All applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description
are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project needs. The
employee could be requested to perform other tasks as his/her Line
Manager may judge necessary.
- The position must be clearly indicated on the mail subject.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be conducted.
- This position is open to Nigerian nationals only.
Application Deadline 10th December, 2016.