Job Title: Procurement Officer
Position Start Date: Immediately
Procurement Officer will support the procurement of goods and services
required for a busy office under the project task order. S/He will be
responsible for (1) ensuring that procurements and logistics operations
are carried out strictly in accordance with the organization policies,
regulations and local law; (2) maintaining the complete documentation
and filing system for all procurement including the proposal, evaluation
reports, negotiation memorandums, award documents, relevant
correspondence etc.; (3) serving as the point person related to any
procurement of goods and services for the program either for direct use
under the project task order, or as part of the in-kind grant of Direct
Distribution of Goods and Services (DDGS) activity; and (4)
coordinating procurement actions with the program’s technical lead in
order to ensure timely and satisfactory delivery of goods and services.
This position will be based in Yobe. Limited travel may be required.
Reporting & Supervision:
Yobe, the procurement officer administratively reports to the State
Program Manager but technically to the Procurement Director based in
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure that the procurement process strictly follows the Organization rules and regulations.
- Maintain a file system for procurements to allow for efficient
documentation and process audits and maintain the privacy of grantees
- Maintain files, including: proposal, evaluation, award documents,
official contracts and correspondence of all procurements, following
policy and local law.
- Assist with preparation of Terms of Reference and/or technical
specifications for materials, goods, and services, for contracts,
acquisitions, and procurements, in collaboration with the program team.
Ensure presentation of sufficient selection that meets requirements of
quality assurance, delivery, and transparency.
- Maintain strict control of budgets, and financial expenditures.
- Coordinate delivery logistics with program team and/or grantees to
obtain the required permits including, such as delivery receipts.
- Coordinate transportation, permits, authorizations, insurance,
loading and unloading of goods/materials, and financial allocation of
related expenses under grants.
- Prepare requests for quotations, negotiate, conduct analysis, and
recommend vendors for delivery of goods and materials to grantees.
- Communicate all delivery schedules corresponding to grant and
operations procurements, including the projection of related expenses.
- Verify deliveries are complete and timely.
- Work with vendors of goods and services to ensure quality.
- Assist with invitations to potential vendors to compete offers for
the purchase of goods or services including under grants, either through
direct, bid invitation, or other mechanism that ensures high standards
- Participate in evaluation committees for proposals submitted by the
various vendors, according to the solicited terms of reference and
- Process procurements according to rules and regulations.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- University degree in related field is required.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work under own initiative or as a part of a team
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Fluency in Hausa language is desirable
- Experience working in development funded programs
- Strong knowledge of donor procurement rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging and complicated procurement issues.
- Experience with budgeting and cost analysis.
- Strong ability to use and develop management and tracking systems.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities; AND
- A cover letter
Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 5th December 2016