What is the job description and role of a Public Relations Officer? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Public Relations Officer ?
Public Relations Officer Job Description
Public relations officers use a wide range of media to build and sustain good relationships between the employing organisation and its clients through planned publicity campaigns and PR activities.
Public relations officers/account executives are responsible for handling all aspects of planned publicity campaigns and PR activities during periods of crisis.
Job Description, Duties, Functions, Roles and Responsibilities of a Public Relations Officer
- journals, reports, publicity brochures, information for web sites and promotional videos.
- analysing media coverage
- commissioning or undertaking relevant market research
- liaising with clients, managerial and journalistic staff about budgets, timescales and objectives
- planning publicity strategies and campaigns
- writing and producing presentations and press releases
- dealing with enquiries from the public, the press, and related organisations
- organising promotional events such as press conferences, open days, exhibitions, tours and visits
- speaking publicly at interviews, press conferences and presentations
- providing clients with information about new promotional opportunities and current PR campaigns progress
- designing, writing and/or producing presentations, press releases, articles, leaflets, ‘in-house’