Save the Children is the leading independent organization creating
lasting change in the lives of children in over 20 countries around the
world. Recognized for our commitment to accountability, innovation
and collaboration, our work takes us into the heart of communities,
where we help children and families help themselves.
We work with other organizations, governments, non-profits and a
variety of local partners while maintaining our own independence
without political agenda or religious orientation. Save the Children’s
mission is to Inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats
children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Household Economic Strengthening (HES) Coordinator – Life Step
Train village agents on village savings and loan scheme across Katsina,
Zamfara and Jigawa states. Support village agents to establish 4 saving
groups in each of the 18 project communities in 3 states and develop
user friendly version of guidelines for formation of VSLA groups.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Conduct security briefing and child safe guarding awareness for
consultant and his/her team, Meet with the project team and confirm
Logistics arrangement for community training. Make Visit to the COSs
working on the CEFM Project.
- Conduct a central training in each of the 3 States Zamfara,
Katsina and Jigawa for village agents on VS&L, to support the step
down in the communities.
- Follow up with the 36 VS& L group to monitor the Inaugural
meetings and support the CSOs as the continue groups formation in each
- Final Visit to the 18 Communities in the 3 state to monitor
Progress, Mentor and evaluate the immediate outcome of the VS&L
- A detail report of the 90days activity, successes Challenges and recommendations is shared with SCI
- Conduct community trainings and formation of 2 savings groups in 6 communities in Zamfara.
- Conduct community trainings and formation of 2 savings groups in 6 communities in Katsina.
- Conduct community trainings and formation of 2 savings groups in 6 communities in Jigawa.
Qualifications and Experience
- Post graduate/Degree in Social Sciences, humanities or development studies
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in provision of economic
strengthening services, preferably in formation of saving groups at
local community level in northern Nigeria
- Must be willing to travel and work in rural areas throughout the duration of the consultancy
- Must be fluent in English and Hausa language
- Must be ready and willing to train in hard to reach communities of Zamfara, Katsina and Jigawa states.
- Must be willing to respect and main the cultural and religious of the project communities.
- Proven skills and experience working in multi-cultural environments, and in ‘grass-roots’ community-based settings.
- Excellent training & facilitation skills; excellent verbal communication & listening skills.
- Must be able to work with vulnerable households especially women and girls
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 24th November, 2016.