Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of
international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a
non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring
relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural
disasters, armed conflicts or by
economic collapse. SIF provides its
help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of
origin, religion or gender.
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistician M/F
Starting Date: ASAP
- North-East Nigeria is currently affected by one of the world’s
most serious humanitarian crisis. Confronted to Boko Haram’s violence,
over 15 000 000 people are affected by the crisis including 7 000 000
in need of emergency humanitarian assistance, over 2 000 000 IDPs and
4,5 million food insecure people.
- Following an exploratory mission conducted in September/October
2016, SIF is opening a mission in Nigeria in order to cover the
FoodSec, WaSh & Protection needs of the most affected people in and
around Maiduguri, the capital of Borno State.
- Responsible for facilitating the implementation of all logistical and security aspects.
- Ensure the respect of SIF and donor’s Logistics guidelines & procedures on SIF mission in the region
- Ensure the respect of SIF security guidelines on SIF missions in close link with the Head of Mission
- Coordinate the logistics activities all over the missions by
being in support and in close collaboration with the project staff and
the support staff.
- Supervise and provide a logistical support to the different SIF bases and project
- Make sure SIF (and donors’, if required) procurement procedures are implemented and respected.
- Identify and plan the mission’s purchases beforehand (by
project) in collaboration with all relevant staff (PM, HOM, HQ Emergency
- Monitor local supply sources and chains and optimize supply to the field locations.
- Ensure the quality of the supply chain process.
- Ensure proper warehousing, stock management, and control systems, including documentation and reporting.
- Ensure the security and the follow up of the communication and
IT equipment (and supplies) on the SIF mission (identification,
- Ensure proper fixed asset management and regular checks on inventory lists.
- Plan and manage the stock supplies according to local constraints.
- Ensure the security and the follow up of the equipment used on the SIF mission (identification, inventory, affectation).
Vehicle Management and Maintenance:
- Make sure SIF (and donors’, if required) vehicle management procedures are implemented and respected.
- Supervise the general follow-up of the SIF mission vehicles (consumption checks, movement planning, etc.).
- Define the more relevant means of transport for goods delivery
and process the administrative formalities related to (by road, by
plane, by boat, etc.).
- Ensure the implementation and the respect of the security
processes, guidelines & tools defined on the mission (in
collaboration, and under the responsibility of the head of mission), and
the correct use and knowledge of all relevant security tools,
procedures & processes by all the members of the mission in close
links with the Head of Mission.
- Ensure existence of individual up-to-date safety and security
plans for each location and for the overall presence of SIF in the
country with HQ (Emergency Desk).
- Monitor and evaluate safety and security situation and ensure adjustment of plans if and whenever necessary.
- In charge of negotiation and relationship with local and administrative authorities in his fields of responsibilities.
- Act as the direct interlocutor of SIF towards providers and
companies, for all issues related to logistics and security, in
coordination with the Head of Mission.
- Participate to logistics and security coordination and information meetings (NGO coordination, etc.).
Resources and Financial Management:
- Outline the resource requirements for the support of programs
and ensure that systems are in place for the effective management of
resources in relation to finance, transport, supplies and capital
assets, including maintenance of assets register and vehicle logbooks.
- Ensure anti-virus software is installed on all PCs and updated
(at least monthly) and that all finance and programs data is
systematically backed up (at least weekly).
- Substantial experience in logistics & security coordination,
including procurement, supply chain, fleet management & inventory.
- Outgoing personality with solid interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
- Excellent communication and team-working skills, with the ability to build good relations, both internally and externally.
- Excellent planning, co-ordination and prioritization skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English (and desirably French).
- Significant knowledge of international humanitarian systems,
institutions and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks
and best practices in emergency management.
- Previous experience of managing and developing a team and the ability to lead, motivate and develop others.
- Proactive approach to problem solving in difficult and isolated locations
- French fixed term contract
- Duration: 3 months
- Remuneration according to profile
- Monthly per diem
- Social and medical cover
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application letters and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diversity is a wealth at Secours Islamique France;
- We will study every application with required skills for the position
Application Deadline 15th November, 2016.