Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading public health NGOs
in Nigeria, implementing programmes in reproductive health,
HIV&AIDS prevention, and maternal and child health. SFH works in
partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the
British Department for
International Development (DFID) and the United
States Agency for International Development (USAID), as well as the
Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, among other
We seek to recruit qualified persons due to new programme initiatives
and growth. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement,
a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
Society for Family Health (SFH) requires competent candidate for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Deputy National Technical Team Leader – Maternal and Neonatal Child Health Project2 (MNCH2)
- This is an Assistant Director/Deputy Director position reporting to the project’s National Team Leader.
- The successful candidate will provide technical leadership and
strategic direction of a maternal and child health programme and to
support the National Team Leader in the achievement of the programme
- S/He will be responsible for overseeing the project’s technical
unit and its outputs, including a team of advisors from other consortia
partners, ensuring quality coordination among advisers, regularly
liaising with state team leaders (STLs) and helping to develop overall
strategies, workplans, budgets and rigorous Internal Technical review
- S/He will contribute to programme high level decision-making and
the integration of quality in all programme activities and services.
- Must possess a First and a Master’s degrees in
Medical/Health/Biological Sciences or equivalent degree from a
- Must be highly organized, comfortable working on multiple simultaneous projects with demonstrable ability to meet deadlines.
- Must possess excellent verbal skills, writing and interpersonal communication.
- Must possess high level of integrity, interpersonal, and
networking skills in addition to field programme implementation skills
such as advocacy and facilitation skills.
- Must be willing to work in Northern Nigeria, including in fragile situations.
- Must possess minimum of fifteen (15) years post NYSC experience
in Health and Development job, with at least 8 at the senior management
- Must possess sound knowledge of health programming, health financing and health interventions in Nigeria.
- Must have familiarity of DFID policies, frameworks and regulations.
- Must have experience in project and budget management.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for this position is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented candidate.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should forward a one-page application letter
(using the position reference as subject), addressed to this email: DepteamleadMNCH2@sfhnigeria.org
clearly providing evidence of competences required for the job, current
remuneration, as well as a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae indicating
clearly your valid telephone numbers, e-mail address and current contact
Note: Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.