Women for Women International (WfWI) – In countries affected by conflict
and war, Women for Women International (WfWI) supports the most
marginalized women to earn and save money, improve health and
well-being, influence decisions in their home and community and connect
networks for support. By utilizing skills, knowledge, and
resources, she is able to create sustainable change for herself, her
family, and community.
Since 1993, Women for Women International (WfWI) has helped nearly
429,000 marginalized women in countries affected by war and conflict. We
directly work with women in eight countries, offering support,
tools, and access to life-changing skills to move from crisis and
poverty to stability and economic self-sufficiency.
Women for Women International (WfWI) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer
Duration: One Year
- In partnership with Solar Sister Clean Energy, a vacancy exists
for the role of Project Officer. The Project Officer will play a central
role in training, coaching and mentoring poor and marginalized women to
achieve economic boost/stability through entrepreneurship in clean
solar products (light and stoves).
- The successful candidate must have a clear understanding of the role, be positive minded, self-driven and highly passionate.
- This position will be in Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria and reports to the Economic Empowerment Manager.
- Work with the Economic Empowerment team and Solar Sister to
ensure that all project activities are completed on time and within
- Work closely with Solar Sister sales rep to schedule visits to
project location and oversee trainings, meetings and follow up on
enrolled entrepreneurs to achieve project goal.
- Effective and accurately communicate relevant information to the project team.
Planning & Implementation:
- Ensure that project goals and objectives within the scope of work are accomplished and reported appropriately.
- Track job progress, gather and organize necessary project data daily.
- Plan, organize, review and implement project activities, and
report project status to the Economic Empowerment Manager regularly.
- Train, coach and mentor women using established standards and requirements.
- Perform administrative responsibilities, including but not
limited to planning project schedules, appointments and travels to carry
out project activity
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
Qualification & Competencies
- Minimum requirement of a Degree in Social Sciences with emphasis on Economics, Marketing, Business Administration or Management.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced organization
- Excellent problem-solver and team player
- Skilled enterprise/business and negotiating skills
- Skilled team player in enterprise/business and negotiations.
- Ability to communicate convincingly and influence target audience
- Proven commitment to diversity and equality culture
- Strong working knowledge of Hausa language
- Strong multi-tasking, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good customer-service orientation, strong focus and goal oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint packages
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver effective results, meet deadlines and achieve targets
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s and Cover Letters and 3 professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please put “Project Officer” in the subject line.
Note: Only short listed applicants will be invited to interview. No telephone inquiries please.
Application Deadline Friday, 18th November, 2016.