GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world’s leading research based
pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the
quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and
live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries
healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena
GlaxoSmithKline Plc is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Shift Manager
Requisition ID: WD99017
Position: Full time
Relocation: Not Indicated
- To provide overall direction to production scheduling,
dispensing, manufacturing and packaging team in a Value stream concept
in OTC factory.
- To be responsible for the effective management of all
activities/functions related to production process/equipment validation,
production equipment calibration and new process installation and
- Actively participate in all production activities involved in
New Product Introduction, New Packaging Material Development and New
- Coordinate all Manufacturing and Packaging Process / Equipment
Validation in accordance with Validation Master Plan. This includes data
generation, collation and logical interpretation.
- Ensure timely calibration of all Production equipment and ensure appropriate actions are taken on out of order equipment.
- Provide effective technical training to all production personnel on technical aspects of manufacturing and GMP.
- Regularly review and/or update SOPs to reflect current practices within the production areas.
- Support and ensure compliance to QMS and EHS policies and standards in order to minimize accidents and quality failures.
- To maintain good labour/industrial relations within the production function.
- Plan, organize and monitor all aspect of production of medicine
including manufacturing and packaging to meet monthly / annual supply
plans, budgets, safety standards and acceptable quality.
- Ensure the generation and effective treatment of Picklist, Batch records and Work Orders.
- Control product cost through effective labour utilization and pragmatic equipment and facilities management.
- Supervise the disposal of all controlled substance / drugs in line with existing regulations.
- B Pharm
- At least three (3) years experience in a manufacturing industry.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good initiative, drive & confidence in problem solving
- Leadership and team building potential
- Ability to work under pressure
- Computer literate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Important to Employment businesses/ Agencies:
- GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or
employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
- All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s
commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain
prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK.
- The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition
precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment
business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization
being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency
shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or
contractual agreement of GSK.
- GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such
actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment
businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.