The Redeemed Christian Church of God (Christ the Cornerstone Worship
Center), is recruiting suitably qualified candidate to fill the vacancy
Job Title: Executive Church Administrator/Pastor’s Personal Assistant
A Church is currently looking for a talented, motivated and dedicated
individual to fill the position of Executive Church
Administrator/Pastor’s Personal Assistant position requires a
self-starter, who works well under pressure and able to deliver on time.
Candidate must be dedicated to furthering the work by using their
talents and applying biblical principles in the administration field and
serve in a staff position to advise and assist the church leadership.
- Coordinate and facilitate the day-to-day operations and activities of the church.
- Supervise and manage all the support staff in the church.
- Conduct periodic formal performance evaluations of staff and assist in goal-setting.
- Advise and assist the church leadership.
- Ensure the quality and prompt dispatch of all outgoing correspondence.
- Coordinate negotiation of major asset purchases.
- Provide long Range planning (financial, facility, scheduling).
- Assist in various special projects under taken by the senior pastor or departments/ministries within the church.
- Managing the pastor’s schedules, calendar and all appointments and carry out any other assignment from the Senior Pastor.
- Liaising with the HODs and Ministers in ensuring successful implementation of approved events and programs.
- Responsible for Human Resource Management. Knowing schedules and
whereabouts of all personnel and how to contact them in an emergency.
- Supervises general maintenance of the Church Management System.
- Coordinating travel details for outside speaking engagements.
- Coordinating Guest Minister’s visits
- Facilitate the effective ministry of the Senior Pastor by
serving her/him with excellence, in a spirit of Christ-likeness,
teamwork and cooperation.
- Maintain internal communications by publishing the church bulletin, newsletter, and by other means.
- Has a renewed life in Christ.
- Has a growing commitment to Christ, including a strong biblical foundation
- Bachelors’ Degree and equivalent work experience with 2 – 5 years’ experience
- Must have leadership skills and relevant administrative experience.
- Must be able to operate independently and also work with a team and assume leadership role when necessary..
- Must be organized, able to prioritize, and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
- Excellent customer service, effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word and Power point)
- Dynamic, resilient, proactive and share the vision of the Church with great passion of seeing it fulfilled.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
- Christian Church seeks a Christian who is personable, engaging,
motivated and self-directed to act as assistant to the other staff, and
lay volunteers. Individual must be detailed, organized, energetic,
multi-tasking, dependable, computer literate, and able to handle
confidential and sensitive information.
- Responsibilities include general office management and
financial/bookkeeping support. Full time with benefits. The person
called to this position should be a Christian with general and office
skills, who truly feels “called to Christian service,” and who is
willing to go “above and beyond” the personal investment in a job that
is considered “normal” in the secular world of work.
- Must be personable and engaging
- Post high school vocational/specialized training or an associate’s Degree or Diploma.
- Strong computer skills are imperative (MS Windows, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Website maintenance)
- Strong organizational skills
- Have excellent command of English language, composition and punctuation
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality in areas such as financial records, counseling situations and other private matters.
- Proficiency in the use of standard office tools (copy machine, etc.)
Job Title: Accountant
- The Accountant will be responsible for analyzing, processing and
inputting accounting data to produce accurate and timely financial
results while ensuring compliance with all applicable state and federal
laws and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Monitoring and maintaining the Church’s accounting systems.
- Prepare/review and record monthly journal entries as required to produce accurate financial reports.
- Supervise monthly accounting closing. Assist with preparation of
monthly financial statements for all funds. Prepare special reports for
Finance/Treasury Committee Meetings and other presentations.
- Develop and maintain Accounting procedures for all areas of the Finance Department.
- Assist with annual budget preparation, annual audit, and other projects as directed.
- Prepare/review monthly account reconciliations and recurring journal entries.
- Prepare Weekly Cash reports for Pastorate
- Prepare Annual Cash Forecast for Operating fund and weekly
reports against that forecast. 12. Maintain working knowledge of all
Finance areas (A/P, A/R, Payroll, Fixed Assets, Contributions and Cash
Receipts) and assist during any vacancies in these areas.
- Perform other accounting duties as workload requires.
- Review financial statements and general ledgers for significant
variances from budget. Research causes and report findings to
- Supervise donor contribution and other cash receipts processing.
- Maintain Non-Cash Gift files. Coordinate recording of gift and entry to general ledger.
- Candidate must have a growing & mature, demonstrated personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a Business course required.
- Previous 2-5 years’ work experience in Accounting, preferably in a nonprofit environment.
- Experience in financial statement preparation and analysis.
- Experience with automated accounting systems.
- Ability to maintain and protect church confidential and proprietary information.
- High level of interpersonal relationship skills essential when working with other groups, ministry and staff members.
- Ministry-minded focus with the ability to cultivate a team spirit within the Finance ministry and the church.
- Effective problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Above average ability to be flexible, organize, manage time and set/shift priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement ministry- and
church-related, short- and long-range goals, as well as to interpret,
adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and accounting software.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letters and CV’s (with the position as title) to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 20th February 2017