FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development
organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by
advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes
experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic
development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology
creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated
development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and
all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Primary Health Coordinator
Job ID: 18341
Area: Program Management
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian
crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of
- These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to
livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of
malnutrition and food insecurity.
- FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now
expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this
humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health and Protection
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- The Primary Health Care (PHC) Coordinator’s primary
responsibilities are to manage and support all primary health and
clinical activities for three sites of the new liberated government
areas (LGAs) – Dikwa, Bama and Gwoza – with potential for additional
- Under the supervision of the Response Team Coordinator, the PHC
Coordinator will manage all activities related to primary health
while ensuring the quality of service and correct application of the
- Provides technical support and manages primary health care activities for three project sites.
- Provides technical guidance in the development and dissemination of tools, protocols and interventions for the project.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify errors and prepare reports.
- Ability to problem solve and implements corrective action as needed.
- Ability to respond to dynamic, evolving situations.
- Provides technical guidance and capacity strengthening for field project site PHC officers and health clinic staff.
- Conducts analysis of program implementation to identify areas
for improvement and propose appropriate technical strategy and
- Provides leadership and team building.
- Requires 5-8 years of project management and technical assistance experience.
- Experience implementing primary health and clinical activities in humanitarian/crisis response projects required.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private company.
- Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply