Guinness Nigeria plc is a strategically important market for Diageo and
for the Guinness brand globally being the #2 Market globally by volume.
The emergence of mobile phone technology as the primary medium of
communications within Nigeria has led to a dramatic shift in emphasis
conventional to emerging media. This role is strategically
important to establishing Guinness as Africa’s #1 Beer brand. This role
focuses on the step-change in investment and management of Digital Media
in Nigeria and beyond.
We are recruiting to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Sales and Distributor Manager – Mainstream Spirits
Reports To: Mainstream Spirits & Key Account Director
- GNPLC is a major market for Diageo and has historically been
involved in the sale and manufacture of beer, Lager, RTDs and Malt
- The Nigerian drinks market is relatively unsophisticated, but
highly dynamic. In that regard, Nigeria represents the greatest spirits
growth opportunity available on the continent.
- Guinness Nigeria is therefore expanding its operations and
portfolio of brands by venturing into the marketing and sales of
Diageo’s already existing rich Spirit brands as well as mainstream
Purpose of the Role
- To lead, motivate and develop the regional Mainstream Spirits
sales structure to deliver the annual operating plan in line with the
long term strategy.
Complexity of the Role
- The Nigerian Liquor landscape is complex with major challenges. High import tariffs on spirits and an immature retail market.
- There is a developed formal On trade channel in the major urban
areas whilst opportunities for spirits within the broader Total Beverage
Alcohol business are as yet unrealised. Cracking this will transform
the Nigerian liquor landscape.
- Managing 2- 3 Area Managers, and average of ten (10) third party Key distributor sales executives reporting to the Area Managers
- The development of the route to market will be key to unlocking the potential of the Diageo spirits portfolio.
Top 3- 5 Accountabilities
- Lead trade & customer strategy to develop customized annual
plan to deliver financial and volume targets for priority brands.
- Develop and activate annual customer account plans (Joined Up Business Plans) to support the delivery of business goals.
- Drive executional excellence through the implementation of
business plans, trade term compliance, cycle activation and category
- Develop and grow a strong & motivated team and build succession.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Minimum 5 years commercial experience and Brand Knowledge
- Master’s Degree may be an advantage
- Great People Skills
- Ability to negotiate at a senior level with customers and distributors
- Must be a graduate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!