GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world’s leading research based
pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the
quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and
live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa’s largest consumer
healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade,
Ribena and Panadol.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager GMS
Requisition ID: WD111585
Location: Agbara, Ogun
Job Type: Full time
Functional area: Finance
Relocation: Not Indicated
- To do financial accounting of transactions in line with local
entity accounting policies, prepare monthly financial data, complete
month end accounting, prepare monthly schedules & various control
- To Assist Finance Controller in routine accounting transactions in the Department.
- Consolidate financial accounting of all commercial transactions
at Site in compliance with financial & accounting policies issued by
entity Head Office finance.
- Plan and implement actions for proper accounts closing every
month & do proper reporting for Inventory, Employment cost,
Insurance, MIS, Schedules, and other reports every month/quarter/year as
per timetables defined by Head Office.
- Organize the local timetables, data requirements, analysis and
review of all financial exercises including Annual Plans, periodic
forecast and monthly actual reporting.
- Co-ordinate the preparation and presentation of 3/1 Plan, Standard Cost and other financial plans.
- Monitor, report and recommend remedial actions on deviations
from plan and standards in the areas of production performance,
overheads expenditure, capital expenditure and working capital
- Ensure Inventory Controls at Receipt, Issue & Consumption
points. Assist warehouse in preparing correct SOPs and ensure that SOPs
are in place & in use.
- Supervise proper accounting of any potential write off / write
back so as to ensure true financial position at any point in time. Keep
audit trail of documents.
- Provide training to users on usage of correct codes in Non Inventory Purchase Process system.
- Checking with account payable on payment status on weekly basis and ensure 0% delay in payment to vendors.
- Checking of Supplier Suspense account on regular basis &
clear all outstanding import materials transactions on regular basis
- Ensure booking of overheads in correct codes & as per the budgets
- Checking of Scrap sales and ensure compliance with existing policy on disposal of current & fixed assets.
- Verification of Non Inventory Purchase Process-OPEN Receipt transactions.
- Department coordinator for EHS and Quality.
- Provide Decision Support analysis and counsel to the Finance
Controller for all strategic site initiatives in partnership with all
key functions with the site and Head Office.
- Work as a back fill and control the department activities in the absence of Finance Controller
- Drive and Support Operational Excellence in GMS for achieving
Cost reduction, complexity reduction and operational efficiencies.
Validate & report financial savings of OE as per GMS guidelines.
- Comply with GSK & Local Record retention policy
- Comply with EHS Policy & Quality Policy.
- Check for VAT account & ensure VAT credit availment where ever applicable.
- Liaise with Statutory and internal auditors to ensure smooth and nil observation Audit.
- Prepare Insurance incident reports and liaise with Head of
Function for filling Insurance Claims as at when required. Follow up for
the outstanding claims & ensure proper accounting.
- Ensure all company property is covered for risk as per GSK
Policy and try to find ways/means to optimized Insurance premium pay out
Vs claim filed.
- Do efforts towards site mission statement.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA, CIMA, CFA)
- Around 10-12 years of Post Qualification working experience in areas of Finance, Cost Management.
- Sound knowledge of Cost accounting and cost management tools and techniques.
- Possess strong analytical skills & commercial acumen
- Required Degrees: Bachelors
- Exposure in Enterprise Resource Planning and online working environments.
- Proficient use of the Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Apt communication skills for effective presentation of analytical results and driving decisions.
- Ability to think “Out of the Box”
- Be pro-active and drive changes.
- Team Player & should possess good inter personal skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply