Norwegian Church Aid (‘NCA’) works with people and local actors around
the world in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustice. We
provide humanitarian assistance in disasters and work for long-term
development in local communities. In order to address the root causes of
advocate for just decisions by public authorities,
businesses and religious leaders.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gender Based Violence (GBV) Advisor
Job ID: #1933604
Full time: Start date: 01/04/2017
End date: 31/03/2018
Number of position: 1
- NCA is initiating a programmatic response to Gender-based
Violence (GBV) and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) for the Lake
Chad Basin in 2017 and is seeking an experienced and dedicated GBV
Advisor. Initial programme start-up will focus on Nigeria response,
however the GBV Advisor is expected to support mainstreaming of GBV in
WASH activities in Cameroon, Niger and Chad as well as Nigeria. The GBV
Advisor is also expected to carry out programme assessments for GBV in
Emergencies (GBViE) response in Cameroon, Niger and Chad.
- NCA will provide assistance to IDPs, refugees, returnees and
host communities affected in the Lake Chad Basin; Nigeria, Cameroon,
Chad and Niger. The assistance will support a scale up of current
assistance by the ACT Alliance sister organisations within the sectors
of WASH, food security/livelihood/cash and GBViE.
- This is a 1 year contract with April 1 2017 as start date.
Please note that the area of operation in Nigeria is classified as a
high-risk area and a non-family duty station.
- Initiate GBViE programme implementation based on programme proposal
- Identify partners, partner assessment of GBV capacities
- Oversee the technical aspects of the implementation and coordination of prevention and response to GBV
- Write programme reports, proposals and oversee budgets
- Work collaboratively to integrate GBV prevention and mitigation with WASH programme
- Facilitate capacity building of staff, partners and others on
GBViE programming, Psychological First Aid, Caring for Survivors/Caring
for Child Survivors, GBV Coordination, GBV Information Management System
(GBVIMS), Case Management and Clinical management of rape
- Facilitate mid-term and end-term review of GBViE programmes
- Link up and represent NCA with relevant protection clusters and GBV sub-clusters.
- Facilitate GBViE rapid and comprehensive assessments
- Develop and improve monitoring and evaluation mechanisms for the
GBV programme, ensuring that partner teams in the field actively
monitor set indicators and improvement in wellbeing of survivors
- Professional experience related to GBV prevention and response programming in conflict and post conflict settings.
- Solid experience in training and capacity building experience,
particularly using participatory approaches and methods in training
related to different components of GBV programming.
- Experience with developing and implementing GBV programmes, particularly monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience with working with civil society actors and faith based actors.
- Relevant higher university degree.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of French is an advantage.
- Knowledge of international humanitarian standards for GBV prevention, protection and response.
- Proven ability to think strategically and integrate best practices into programming.
- Excellent communication and decision-making skills.
- Strong skills in presentation and facilitation.
- Proven ability to network and establish positive relationships with staff, partners and government representatives.
- Must be able to handle stress and a high workload under challenging work conditions.
- Opportunity to play a key role in overseeing and coordinating
significant and meaningful work for one of Norway’s largest humanitarian
- Competitive terms and conditions and a comprehensive pension plan.
- The successful candidate must be loyal to NCA´s core Christian values and accept the ACT Alliance’s Code of Conduct.
- NCA uses an electronic gateway for all recruitment processes.
- Only candidates who submit their application and CV through this electronic gateway will be considered for the position.
- Please note that it is mandatory to upload a copy of relevant certificates and diplomas as part of the application.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 19th March, 2017.