IITA is one of the worlds leading research partners in finding solutions
for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning
research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs
of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality
and productivity, reduce
producer and consumer risks, and generate
wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in
1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the
following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and
IITA seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below:
Job Title: Manager, External Training
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Design and develop a training income generation strategy and
plan and manage implementation to ensure that income generation and
business development opportunities in the provision of training are
- Work with staff to identify a suite of training courses which
can prioritize for marketing to external audiences in support of our
strategic aim of Transforming African Agriculture and in due course,
aligned to ENABLE and TAAT programs; support the implementation of
ENABLE and TAAT training programs.
- Contribute to the development of the content/design of the Training pages on the intranet.
- Contribute to the management and maintenance of the training
information on the database / system for training delivery, reporting
and record maintenance.
- Contribute to the development of policies, guidelines and training materials for successful implementation of training programs.
- Support the development and writing of proposals for capacity development and training projects.
- Report on external training activities and assist the Head of CDO in developing annual budgets and plan.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Liaise effectively with relevant staff and training providers in
order to enlist appropriately skilled trainers to deliver training
programs; evaluate training proposals, and manage feedback on training
effectiveness to make recommendations for program optimization and to
ensure continuous quality assurance.
- Work with an E-learning Instructional Designer to create high
quality and engaging e-learning modules, and supporting tools, following
an instructional design process; Support staff in their external
training programs delivery.
- Promote learning on common good practices and exchange training programs.
- Master’s Degree in Agricultural Extension, Social Sciences,
Humanities or related field with at least 5 years of experience in
managing training programs in a research organization.
- Membership of NITAD or other relevant professional organization is an added advantage.
Ideal Candidate must have:
- Experience in creation, coordination and delivery of training programs.
- Understanding of adult learning, participatory training approaches, curriculum design and development is essential.
- Skills in project management, data collection, evaluation and
needs analyses with good organization, communication and coordination
abilities are also required.
- Good English (written and spoken) communication skills; other language skills, particularly French, are desirable.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and
excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of
three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current
or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of
current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
How to Apply
Interested applicant should forward their applications including a
covering letter which should address how the candidates
background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position
applied for, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three professional
referees (which must include either the Head of the applicants
current or previous organization or applicants direct
Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).
Application Deadline: 16th March, 2017.