Lily hospitals Limited, established since 1986 remains one of the most
prosperous hospitals in Nigeria and within the South-South region of the
country. It is the first private hospital in Nigeria to achieve ISO
9001:2000 quality management system certification from the Standards
Nigeria (SON). We are also consistently committed to
high standards; continuous improvement, service excellence,
organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics.
At Lily hospitals, we recognize that our staff are vital to the
achievement of our organizational vision, the sustainability of our
mission and the profitability of our business. We also recognize that
our staff are our most valuable assets and as such continuously
prioritize their welfare, and also see to the provision of an
environment that is conducive for optimal productivity and performance
and which consistently supports operational efficiency and
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Chief Nursing Officer
Location: Warri, Delta State.
Type: Full Time
Job Category: Management Level
- The CNO is responsible for directing, planning, coordinating and
supervising the nurses and the effective and efficient use of health
and medical related services for Lily Hospitals.
Responsibilities Managerial Functions:
- Develop, maintain, and implement nursing policies and procedures
that conform to current standards of nursing practice, facility
philosophy, and operational policies while maintaining compliance with
state and federal laws and regulations.
- Communicate and interpret policies and procedures to all Lily
hospitals’ nursing staff, and monitor staff practices and
- Establish, implement, and monitor the infection control program
designed to provide a safe, sanitary, and comfortable environment
designed to prevent the devilment and transmission of disease and
- Coordinate and/or develop on-going QIPs and QA activities for
nursing services to monitor nursing compliance with standards and
regulatory requirements through rounds, interviews, and record reviews.
- Develop and maintain documentation system for continuity of care
and record storage that assures compliance with federal health
regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with regulations pertaining to care plans and residents assessment.
- Participate in management team meetings to discuss resident
status, census changes, personnel, or resident complaints or concerns.
- Ensure delivery of compassionate quality care and nursing
supervision as evidenced by adequate services and staff coverage on
unit, absence of odors, general cleanliness, prevention of pressure
wounds, and apparent maintenance of optimal resident functions.
- Provide direct supervision of all the nurses in Lily Hospitals.
- Exercise overall supervision of resident assessments and care plans.
- Collaborate with physicians, consultants, community agencies,
and institutions to improve the quality of services and to resolve
- Oversee nursing schedules to assure they meet resident needs, regulatory and budgetary standards.
- Provide effective staff management (hiring, development,
training, performance feedback and retention) that assures utilization
of personnel to best meet the needs of the patients receiving supports
- Evaluate service needs and staffing requirements to assure needs of people supported are met.
- Monitor the job performance of all Lily hospitals’ nurses,
evaluate their performances and recommend promotions, trainings or
- Recommend in service educational programs for staff development geared to the specialized needs of the patients.
- Oversee and supervise development and delivery of in-service
education to equip nursing staff with sufficient knowledge and skills
to provide compassionate, quality care and respect for resident rights.
- Participate in preparing the department’s annual budget.
- Maintain operating budgets for personnel and medical equipment.
- Serve as a liaison between doctors, residents; their families and staff members.
- Respond to inquiries in a professional, courteous and timely
manner and provide information on Lily hospitals’ nursing care and
services to the public.
- Ensure patient care is provided in a non-judgmental,
non-discriminatory manner that is sensitive to the patient’s diversity,
preserving their autonomy, dignity and rights.
Health and Safety:
- Promote compliance with accident prevention procedures, safety
rules, and safe work practices to prevent employee injury and illness
and control worker’s compensation costs.
- Ensure staff is trained in fire and disaster and other emergency procedures, and evaluate performance during drills.
- Ensure all nursing staff carries out duties and responsibilities
in compliance with Lily hospitals’ health and safety policy and
- Ensure a clean, comfortable and safe environment for patients, clients and members of staff.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum academic qualification of RN/RM or BNSC.
- A Master’s Degree (M.Sc) in Nursing or any related Science Degree will be an added advantage.
- Registration with the National Association of Nurses and Midwifery Council of Nigeria and must be licensed to practice.
- Proven record of policy development and implementation.
- Intermediate Knowledge of Microsoft office packages.
- Outstanding communication (oral and written), interpersonal and people management skills.
- Possess high degree of accuracy and attention to details.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 8 to 10 years relevant work experience in the health sector,
part of which must have been in a senior nursing position within or
- Experience with any Hospital accreditation program (COHSASA, JCI, ISO etc)
- Knowledge of safety and injection control practices.
- Salary in line with industry standard
- Accommodation available
How to Apply
Interested candidates should forward their word doc CV only to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 15th April, 2017