Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria
operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl
beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol
(TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Agribusiness
AutoReq ID: 55835BR
Reports To: Supply Chain Director
Level: Senior Management
- Guinness Nigeria (GN) has embarked on a high-value, high profile
project (Project King). The project seeks to unlock end-to-end value in
sourcing local raw materials to be used in current and innovation
brands of GN.
- There is an urgent need is to deliver on Project King, and to
build a resilient raw material supply chain, which is well insulated
from macro and micro shocks. GN LRM (Local Raw Material) supply chains
should consistently deliver over 80k tons material at globally
- LRM has a pivotal role in innovations as well: given Nigeria’s
vast Agricultural potential, LRM should actively couple with other GN
functions to explore land innovation opportunities in both beer and
spirits, across the spectrum of product portfolios. GN has a solid
reputation, and LRM can play a role to build this even further.
Purpose of the Role
- To lead development and execution of GN LRM sourcing strategy,
working collaboratively with a complex set of internal and external
- To lead Project King from inception to implementation, working
closely with Guinness & Diageo Leadership, all external stakeholders
including private and non-profit partners.
- The role is part of the governance structure for GN LRM strategy
and executions, accountable for delivery of key LRM business goals in
The following are the market and role complexities:
- Liaises with, consults and advises the GN Managing Director,
Supply Director, CR Director, Heads of Procurement, and Finance Director
and links closely with the Africa Head of Sustainable Agriculture
Sourcing, to ensure application of lessons from other markets in Africa
- Works across functions and with the leadership team to ensure
the development and implementation of GN LRM strategy that can guarantee
cost-effective and sustainable local supply chains for core materials
- Working with the Head of Sustainable Agriculture Sourcing and
across markets to identify and implement partnerships and breakthrough
business models that deliver value across all markets.
- The role will be focused on leading the development and
execution of best-in-class LRM strategies for GN. It would work closely
with GN Exec and functional teams to ensure that LRM strategies are
fit-for-market, and are pursued with rigor and pace.
- The role would also interface with Senior State and Federal
Govt. officials, as well as Senior Management of partner organizations
both in the private and non-profit sectors.
- Lead development and delivery of Project King
- Lead development and execution of GN 5 year LRM strategy, and as priority implement a sustainable sourcing model for sorghum
- Ensure supply chain stability and growth of LRM working closely with internal and external partners
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in exceptional development and execution of local
sourcing strategies, involving multiple and diverse set of internal and
- Degree or equivalent in any Technical discipline
- Good knowledge of Agriculture Supply Chains will be a strong advantage
- Awareness of Diageo quality, risk management, environmental and safety standards.
- An established network of government and business contacts in the field of agri-business development will be of advantage.
- Strong, persuasive leadership, communication and influencing skills will be essential
- An astute commercial sensibility, with proven experience in delivering on clear financial outcomes
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!