IITA is one of the worlds leading research partners in finding solutions
for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning
research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs
of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality
and productivity, reduce
producer and consumer risks, and generate
wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in
1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the
following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable
Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s station in Abuja.
Job Title: Cook/Steward
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
- Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties
- Assist in receiving and assigning room to guest;
- Assist in keeping records of food items in the kitchen;
- Assist in making beds and lay dining tables;
- Account for daily cash sales;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Assist in preparing and serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks;
- Assist in keeping the kitchen clean;
- National Diploma in Catering and Hotel Management or any related field.
- With at least three (3) years’ experience in a structured hospitality work environment.
- Ideal Candidate must:
- Possess pleasant personality,
- Have strong appetite for cleanliness, smart and honest.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive
benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching
detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word
format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of
three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current
or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of
current remuneration package.
Application Deadline: 21st March, 2017.