Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria
operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl
beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol
(TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast
growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Security Manager
Type of Job: Employee
Level: Middle Level Management
Reports To: The Head of Brand Protection and Corporate Security
- Guinness Nigeria operates various supply and demand operations
focusing on the production and sales of Alcoholic beverages. Due to the
current “High” security risk rating in major cities caused by the
widespread violent crimes in Nigeria, significant threats may develop
due to identified risk all of which pose a threat to Guinness Nigeria’s
- Security of its personnel and other assets at the Supply sites
and Demand operations remain key to the success of GN and this is the
major responsibility of the Security Manager.
- Counterfeiting also poses a significant and growing threat to
the delivery of the company’s organic plans. Addressing this issue is a
key element of the company’s business strategy and the Security Manager
plays a role in achieving this.
Purpose of the Role
- To provide a continuous, coordinated and comprehensive security
service, of the highest quality, ensuring that threats to company
personnel, assets and business operations are properly identified,
evaluated and countered in a timely and cost effective manner.
- The role will have support responsibility for a complex range of
security services ranging from personnel/travel security management,
physical/facility security, and events security coordination to
investigations wherever these services are required.
- Vast depth in knowledge and experience in the Security field
- Demonstrate understanding of inter and intra-relationships between different functions
- Actively promote and live the Diageo Values and Capabilities
Advise/Support the Head of Security, on an on-going basis regarding;
- Any specific threats to company personnel, assets and information and business operations/activities, as soon as these are known
- The general security threats to company personnel (including
families and visitors) assets, information and business
operations/activities (including the distribution chain) and of any
changes in the threat as soon as this occurs
- Cost effective, timely and appropriate measures to counter threats to security
- The implementation of Security Policy, Common Platforms, ‘Best Practice’ and guidance notes received from Corporate Security.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in Business Security Management
in a senior level/capacity. A law enforcement background is required. A
university degree is desirable
- Possess good communication skills
- Prior experience of commanding a contracted and/or ‘in-house’ guard force
- Management of effective investigations involving breaches of security and security incidents
- Understand the principle involved in the protection of Company
information, including that which is computer based, and the
measures/procedures required to achieve this.
- Ability to provide security input to Business Continuity Plans, Contingency Plans, Disaster Recovery Plans and Evacuation Plans.
- Exposure to formal and informal security trainings in the
required fields: facility security, electronic surveillance,
investigations, personal security programs, supply chain security.
- Exploit all sources of information to obtain and collate detail on all threats or potential threats to the Company
- Experience in conducting, recording and reporting timely, accurate, detailed and concise written and verbal reports/reviews
- A detailed knowledge of all aspects of physical and electronic
security, specifically: locks, building security, control of access
procedures, perimeter protection, the use of Close Circuit Television
(CCTV) and Intruder Detection Systems (IDS).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!