Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent International Medical
Humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid in more than 60
countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or
man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Accounting Manager
Type of contract: 6 months renewable
Place of work: Maiduguri, MSF Switzerland offices
Scope of Responsibilities
- Coordinating and supervising the accounting of the mission
(accounting, treasury, audit procedures, etc.) according to the
instructions of the Finance Coordinator, and in compliance with legal
obligations and MSF standards and protocols in order to provide quality,
reliable and transparent information to the organization on the use and
allocation of resources in the mission.
Function Responsibilities Include:
- Being responsible for quality and timely accounting for the whole mission
- Coordinating and overseeing the monthly and yearly closing of
accounts and balance sheet, and reporting the mission’s accounting
statement through monthly and weekly reports.
- Coordinating and overseeing the payment of tax liabilities in order to comply with legal obligations
- Coordinating and supervising the conduct of local audits relating to accounting, tax, labour, stock and asset management
- Is the technical reference for any accounting-related issue
including compliance with MSF financial standards and procedures, legal
compliance, training and support on the MSF accounting software /
- Being responsible for the financial management of donor contracts .
- Ensuring reporting conditions are met and stakeholders in the mission are informed of their responsibilities.
- Essential solid Accountancy training and experience-professional Accounting qualification.
- Desirable University Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- Essential 4 years previous experience in similar relevant position jobs
- English ( Fluent) and French ( practice is an plus , notion is mandatory)
- Manager position , supervise assistant (1 to 2 ), technical referent for projects finance manager ( 2-3 projects )
- Finance coordinator and Accounting department Head quarter- Geneva
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications to: [email protected] specifying the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Application Deadline 10th April, 2017.