German Leprosy and TB Relief Association (GLRA) is a
not-for-profit, non-sectarian, international non-governmental
organisation founded in 1957. It has its headquarters in Wuerzburg,
We are recruiting a suitably qualified and experienced person, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Adviser
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to State Teams in medical and
managerial aspects of Leprosy, Tuberculosis (TB) and Neglected Tropical
Diseases (NTDs) control in accordance with National guidelines
- Participate in preparation of annual plan of action and budget of Leprosy, TB and NTDs Control Programme
- Participate in operational research, related to Leprosy, TB and NTDs Control
- Participate in organization of training at the central level and support training carried out at sub- national level
- Participate in preparation of quarterly, Bi-annual and annual progress reports
- Participate in proposal writing in response to external calls for expression of interest
- Participate in formulation of policies, regulation and technical guidelines related to Leprosy, TB and NTDs Control
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation of the Leprosy, TB and NTDs activities/Programme
- Perform other related tasks as may be assigned by the Medical Coordinator or the Country Representative.
Qualification & Experience
- University Degree in Medicine
- Postgraduate Degree in Public Health or equivalent
- 5 years of practical experience in planning, implementing monitoring and evaluating disease prevention and control activities.
- Good knowledge of strategies for prevention, treatment and care of HIV/AIDS
- Good knowledge and ability to use computer software for word
processing, spreadsheets and basic epidemiological/statistical analysis
- Excellent knowledge of the strategies for prevention and control of Leprosy, TB, NTDs or communicable diseases
- Proven competence in modem training skills and/or ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship
- Demonstrated abilities for teamwork.
Additional Desirable Experience:
- Experience in working with bilateral or multilateral organizations in the country
- The post requires extensive travelling for held-work
- Female candidates and candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and test
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 8th June, 2017.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!