The International Rescue Committee (IRC) – Founded
in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a prominent
international organization working in relief, rehabilitation,
protection, post-conflict development, resettlement services and
advocacy for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin/ HR Assistant
Start Date: ASAP
Salary Band: 9 – this position is open only to Nigerian nationals
Scope of Work
- Assists the Field Office ADM/HR lead in his human resources management and administration roles.
Assist the Field Office ADM/HR Lead in Recruitment, Orientation and Integration:
- Job advertising.
- Receiving candidates
- Pre-screening and shortlist candidates
- Organize candidates written tests and interviews
- Publish recruitment results
- Prepare hiring documents.
- Compile staff development needs
- Prospect potential training providers.
- Ensures that training completion reports are submitted.
- Established and keep up tdate the list of employees whreceived training paid by IRC
- Assure staff filing and administration,
- Assure staff timesheets submission and filing
- Track and monitor staff leaves, sick leaves and absences
- Assure the maintenance and updating of individual files
- Preparing and support onboarding/transition process for the new hires staff or transferred staff
- Assist the field office ADM/HR Lead in performance management and staff development,
- Receive and file staff performance reviews
- Monitor deadlines and needed reminders
- Assure that all required administrative formalities are
respected (staff contract registration, social security registration,
medical insurance registration, etc.)
- Debrief exiting employees and complete end-of-assignment procedures.
Assist in Administration Management:
- Track and monitor all IRC offices and homes administration and maintenance.
- Manage rental agreements for offices and housing.
- Monitor renewal and termination of contracts and payments with
suppliers, service providers, and lessors and assure that all are done
- Assure proper use and functionality of office equipment.
- Maintain proper records of all correspondence.
- Track and monitor subscriptions and monthly telephone and Internet communications, and assure that all are paid on time.
- Assure that all facilities are well functioning, including
housekeeping, office supplies, electricity, maintenance and repair,
internet and other communications functions in the field office.
- Assist the field office ADM/HR Lead on travel documents processes (visa, ticket, etc.)
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports recruitment
- Prepare and submit quarterly the updated “severance pay”
- Prepare and submit monthly rental agreements tracking sheet
- Prepare and submit monthly renewal and termination of contracts
and payments with suppliers, service providers, lessors tracking sheet.
- Prepare and submit monthly report HR
- Prepare and submit monthly staff leave accrual
- Other relevant duties as assigned (of a similar nature or related and in the interest of the organization)
- University degree in a relevant field.
- Human resources or administrative qualifications desirable
- 1year of relevant professional experience in administration / human resources
- Previous experience working with an international NGin a cross-cultural setting, preferably in the HR sector
- Previous team experience and knowledge of team dynamics desirable
- Good inter-personal and conflict resolution skills, able twork under pressure and manage personal stress
- Able to coach and support others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Compassionate, self-motivated, enthusiastic, energetic
- Strong organizational and time management skills, team-player but alsable twork independently
- Able to cope with basic living conditions during field trips.
- The successful candidate will combine good understanding of HR and Admin, and a can-dattitude.
- Ideally s/he will have previous experience in working in
large-scale emergency programs in insecure and conflict-affected
- All applications must include the position title in the subject line.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity organization and we encourage residents in Adamawa and surrounding tapply for this position.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letters and CV’s in MS word with the position applied for to: IRCNigeria.Recruitment@rescue.org
Application Deadline: 27th May, 2017.