Smart Partners Consulting Limited – A Consulting
firm in the Mainland region of Lagos, urgently want to take on board
passionate graduates (interns) with good personality, basic
communication skills, computer savvy and willingness to learn the
trade of Human Resources consulting.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Legal Adviser (Oil and Gas Upstream)
- The senior legal officer will be in charge of providing legal service and specific legal advice to the company.
- Liaises with external solicitors as representation for
complicated legal issues cognate to the organization’s mandate under the
principles of Human Rights. The person will analyze statues,
constitution and ordinances.
The senior legal officer shall have amongst others, the following primary responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate the legal dimension and activities of the Group.
- Acts as Commercial Manager by being involved in negotiations and actions pre-project take–off.
- Provide legal advice concerning all activities of the Group, in particular:
- Provide legal advice on staff, financial and contractual and institutional matters.
- Revise public procurement notices and contracts to be signed by the Group
- Provide legal advice on the legal validity and liability related to acts and decisions prepared by the Group
- Examine publications, advertisements and other such materials/documents etc., for legal implications
- Organize, prepare agendas for, and take minutes of management meetings.
- Advise the organization of the legal and governance, implications and proposed policies
- Implement the legal processes required to affect the privileges, obligations, and rights of the organization
- Advise on registration and/or copyrights of products, processed, devices, and trademarks of the group.
- Liaise with external regulators, advisers and solicitors.
- Pursue Insurance Claims.
- Support the Finance department with corporate information during statutory audits
- Provide legal advisory support to all functional directors and managers.
- Maintain professional ethics within the Group and comply with company policies and procedures
- Examine legal information to find out the advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuit
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking appropriate action
- Develop and oversee the systems that ensure the company complies
with all applicable codes, as well as its legal and statutory
- Liaise with the HR department to monitor and review the
administration of the company’s policies and procedures as to its
legalities, and advise on labor laws and relations.
- Deal with legal correspondence; collate information needed for
company secretariat function and produce Executive Management Reports as
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Law.
- Post graduate Degree in Business Management or related discipline.
- Minimum 6 years cognate experience in business risk, strategy and the legal system
- Knowledge of corporate governance legislation and best practice
- Ability to work through conflicts and persuasively influence outcomes.
- Ability to adapt to differing situations and changing priorities.
- People management skill. A confident team player with a positive
attitude who listens to internal and external input but can take
- Organized and efficient with good ability to define priorities; good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done.
- Tenacious in meeting deadlines, with a strong sense of urgency and good self management discipline.
- Knowledge of legal and compliance requirements pertaining to Oil
and Gas, Telecoms, Agro Allied and Real Estate sectors of the economy
- Experience in dealing effectively with corporate planning, strategy, corporate governance and business conduct issues.
- Experience of working with different internal and external stakeholders and across boundaries.
- Competences and Qualities
- Confidentiality and Personal Integrity.
- A tactful and diplomatic approach and the confidence to liaise
with high profile company staff, clients, as well as government
- Energetic individual with unusual initiative.
- Commitment to outstanding performance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV’s to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 15th May, 2017.