Job Title: Legal Counsel
We are seeking for experienced Legal Counsel with proven track record in the areas of:
- Legal Advice
- Drafting and reviewing of Agreement
- Court Appearance
- Legal Research
- Conduct legal research and gathering of evidence to formulate
defense or to initiate legal actions, by such means as interviewing
clients and witnesses to ascertain the facts of a case.
- Draft documents, letters and contracts tailored to the client’s individual needs;
- Represent clients in court or before government agencies.
- Prepare and draft legal documents, such as wills, deeds, patent applications, mortgages, leases, and contracts.
- Prepare legal briefs and opinions, and file appeals in state and federal courts of appeal.
- Confer with colleagues with specialties in appropriate areas of legal issue to establish and verify bases for legal proceedings.
- Negotiating with clients and other professionals to secure agreed objectives;
- Meeting and interviewing clients to establish the firm’s
suitability to provide the necessary advice and services, based on the
firm’s specialism and likely cost;
- Working in a team, sometimes referring cases to the head of department;
- Supervising and delegating work to trainee solicitors, paralegals and legal secretaries as appropriate;
- Issuing of engagement letters to clients;
- Ensuring prompt approval of draft/work submitted;
- Mastering case file and contributing to court presentation;
- Perform administrative, Secretarial and management functions related to the practice of law.
- Ensuring case files are neatly ordered;
- Ensuring filing of all processes and letters received;
- Supervising processing of record of proceeding/court orders;
- Perform other duties as required.
Competency and Technical Skills
The incumbent must demonstrate:
- Good Communication Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Feedback & Reporting skills
- Reading and Writing skills
- Analytical Skills
- Microsoft Office skills
- LLB BL
- Have at least a 2:1 degree or evidence of similar ability
- Also capable of analysing problems rigorously and from all
angles, showing sound practical judgement as well as academic ability
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in conducting and managing
litigation confidently with limited supervision and have sound
understanding and awareness of litigation processes and the application
of civil procedure rules (essential)
- Sound staff management experience (desirable)
- Ability to grasp quickly and accurately new and complex concepts and areas of law(essential)
- Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team (essential)
- Ability to balance priorities and co-ordinate work effectively
in order to meet deadlines and deal with high workloads (essential)
- Sound written and oral communication skills to give
authoritative advice and influence colleagues and external stakeholders
- Aptitude for project management and leadership skills to ensure delivery of litigation(desirable)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply