A leading Pension Fund Administrator with headquarters in Lagos and presence in 24 States of the Federation. Due to expansion and the repositioning drive in the company, job opportunities exist for experienced professionals in two key positions.
The ideal candidate will have proven track records in their respective fields and appreciable knowledge of the Pension Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head, Financial Control
This is a Senior Management position. The successful candidate reports to the Divisional Head, Investment & Finance and will have the following responsibilities, amongst others:
- Review and preparation of financial statements in compliance with International Financial
- Reporting Standards (IFRS) and accounting reports for management.
- Design: revise, and implement accounting systems and procedures in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and PENCOM regulatory guidelines.
- Ensuring accurate and prompt financial reporting to PENCOM in line with its regulations (Daily,
- Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Reports).
- Overseeing all aspects of financial control in the business,
- Involved in Business Planning, P&L Balance sheet & liquidity planning
- Developing, managing and motivating a team of finance professionals (vis-a-vis the company and fund accounting team).
- Compile and Review Company and Fund Accounting Manual on an ongoing basis
- Attend to queries from PENCOM. Auditors and deal with Other Government regulatory authorities
- Minimum of a First Degree in Accounting or Finance from a reputable University. A Professional membership of CAN, ACCA, etc. is a MUST.
- The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 12 years post ICAN qualification experience in a Financial Institution and a minimum of 5 years in Senior Management position.
- Deep knowledge of Company/ Fund Accounting processes in the Pension Industry and IFRS are very key to this role, in addition-to having excellent communication and presentation skills.
Ref No: RD/SMD
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will have the following responsibilities, amongst others:
- Proper and comprehensive document management.
- Coordination of Protocol and travel arrangements for the MD and Directors Preparation of relevant papers for Board & Committee Meetings
- Prepare, n conjunction with the Company Secretary, relevant papers and logistics for Board Meetings.
- Monitor trends and new developments in the Industry and work with relevant Departments for strategic inputs into strategy development for the company.
- Liaise with appropriate professional bodies related to Executive Office to detail relevant planned activities requiring the attention of the Managing Director.
- Minimum of a First Degree in any of the Management disciplines. Professional qualification in ICSAN. NIM etc with minimum of 6 years post NYSC experience.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft tools and research techniques is very key in addition to having excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- The ideal candidates will have proven track records in their respective fields and appreciable knowledge of the Pension Industry.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s (stating the respective Reference code) to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 29th June, 2017.