FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Associate Director, Finance
Job ID: 18868
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner.
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- The position holder will support the Deputy Director of Finance to manage responsibility for both accounting and finance for the FHI Nigeria Office and ensure compliance with the contractual requirements of funders with the objective of providing professional accountancy services consistent with generally accepted accounting principles
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist the Deputy Director of Finance in the supervision of the finance/accounting staff in the Country Office (CO) and state field offices.
- With the Deputy Director of Finance, provide support with problem resolution on cash accounts, bank resolutions, accounting software, resolution of audited questioned costs, and financial close outs.
- Provide support with the accounting workflow in the review and audit of FHI and sub-recipient reports for reimbursement of expenditures.
- Analyse, develop and monitor accounting/fiscal control procedures and program budgets including monitoring cash flows and requesting for fund transfers from FHI/HQ.
- Assist FHI/Nigeria Program staff in monitoring sub-project budgets in accordance with approved work plan activities.
- Prepare written and verbal responses to inquiries and requests for budgetary information.
- In collaboration with the Deputy Director of Finance, prepare monthly and annual financial reports, including financial status of sub-projects account activities, with accompanying backup documentation and receipts.
- Serve as a resource person to FHI/Nigeria on funder financial regulations and FHI/Nigeria accounting policies and procedures
- Prepare financial reports for FHI Nigeria to monitor and track obligations and expenditures.
- Provide training and backstopping on the accounting software.
- Provide technical assistance on accounting and financial matters. Identify areas needing improvement and provide necessary staff development and training.
- Supervise finance/accounting staff to ensure that duties are carried out according to schedule.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Proven ability in the management of large, multifaceted programs
- Proven ability to present financial information to a non-financial audience
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and recipients of assistance
- Well-developed computer spread sheet skills
- Familiarity with multiple program (i.e. donor) regulations on financial reporting
- Ability to execute detail-oriented work rapidly and with a high level of accuracy.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication, including presentation and training skills.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability in building capacity of organizations in financial management
- Ability to represent FHI/Nigeria to donors, government officials and the NGO community in financial matters
- Proven ability in supervising staff
- Working knowledge of relevant accounting software packages
- Ability to travel in Nigeria minimum of 25%
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field and a minimum of 9 years relevant experience with at least 5 years in international development programs.
- or MS/MA in Business Administration, Social Sciences or related field and a minimum of 7 years relevant experience with at least 5 years in international development programs.
- Possession of CPA, ACA, ICAN, or recognized equivalent is required.
- Expert knowledge of USAID and other donor regulations is required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Clcik here to apply