Smart Partners Consulting Limited – Smart Partners Consulting Limited is a leading indigenous HR Consulting Firm in Nigeria located in Lekki Lagos with services offered in Recruitment, Outsourcing, Training and HR Consulting. We are a growing firm providing services to top leading companies across the Oil & Gas, IT, Banking Industries and many others using our world class recruiting process with vibrant, talented and passionate team.
We are recruiting on behalf of our client, a Media company, to fill the position of:
Job Title: Investigative Journalist
- Build network of informational sources that will enable the Company to stay ahead of its competitors.
- Develop ideas for news, feature and enterprise pieces, as well as investigative stories.
- Produce accurate, complete and compelling news copy on deadline.
- Receive assignment or evaluate news leads and news tips to develop story ideas
- Gather and verify factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research
- Organize material, determine slant or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards
- Collect and analyze facts about newsworthy events by interview, investigation, or observation.
- Gather accurate and interesting information for newscast presentations.
- Present clear, creative and accurate live shots.
- Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story, if one is assigned
- Understand how to file Freedom of Information Act Requests and use the information to tell compelling stories
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field.
- 3 – 7 years working experience.
- Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel.
- Resourceful, self-motivated, and independent with the ability to deal with people of all levels within and outside the organization.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills.
- Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com using the job title as email subject.
Application Deadline: 26th July, 2017.